ERod -- 1 yr, $2MM, after being > $1 million apart in arbitration

Ho-Chi-Sock

5 hours ago, Radar said:

Please, Please enough with this nationalistic stuff. Frankly, if it wasn't for the Russians (who I believe lost more lives) we wouldn't have won the war. We should realize the sun doesn't rise and set on us. Before you get bent out of shape I served and I'm not putting down anyone but my opinion and emotions aren't based on what my relatives may have done although I respect them. Just seems there's a lot of flag wavers who haven't served in fact a few are ones who dodged the draft because of family connections. Okay, that's my rant.

5 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

If they brought nukes to Europe they would’ve won still

Both of you pls knock this TF off or take it to the politics club.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don’t think we can walk away.  That’s why there is a post arbitration buyout period.  

You can buyout players w contracts of 3.45 mill or greater within 3 days of the final arbitration hearing.   Sound like anyone we know?

The team can walk away from the deal if it was a player initiated arbitration.  But that's only if it is above a certain figure and it looks like the ERod deal would net pass that threshold.  So yeah, they won't be able to walk away from him.  That's what happened with Kennedy, they had to buy him out because his contract was too small to walk away from.

Botterill needs to reinforce his standard for players... If you don’t want to be here to contribute to our future ... We don’t want you here... Erod is no exception... 

6 minutes ago, Believer said:

Botterill needs to reinforce his standard for players... If you don’t want to be here to contribute to our future ... We don’t want you here... Erod is no exception... 

That's great and all, but what does it have to do with his pending arbitration hearing?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Yeah, I don't see ERod asking for arbitration an indication that he doesn't "want to be here and contribute to our future."  It's simply that he wants to get paid what he (or his agent) thinks he deserves.

And there's a decent gap between their offer and his, truly shocking stuff.  Just once I want to see a team and the player show up to arbitration with a $200k gap in offers.  The resulting WTF wave from the arbitrator would be hilarious.

37 minutes ago, shrader said:

And there's a decent gap between their offer and his, truly shocking stuff.  Just once I want to see a team and the player show up to arbitration with a $200k gap in offers.  The resulting WTF wave from the arbitrator would be hilarious.

Isn't that where Elie and the Sabres are?

Or possibly closer?

I think Rodrigues deserves something around $2M.  He can put up 25pts at ES while playing bottom-6 mins, with good defense and is a good PKer.  That’s probably on a 2-3 yr deal though.  I wouldn’t want to be giving him a $0.25M raise every year.

On 7/21/2019 at 3:57 PM, Cascade Youth said:

I am not gonna sweat over replacement-level talent.

I have always liked Rodriguez but like most players on the team, he is utterly replaceable as you suggest.

It's unbelievable the amount of money guys like Rodriguez earn these days.  The lousy level of regular season play translates directly from these salary levels.  

The hungry guys trying to keep a job and who are happy to make $600,000 a year are gone now.  

They're all rich, fat, and happy now, just to varying degrees.

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

I have always liked Rodriguez but like most players on the team, he is utterly replaceable as you suggest.

It's unbelievable the amount of money guys like Rodriguez earn these days.  The lousy level of regular season play translates directly from these salary levels.  

The hungry guys trying to keep a job and who are happy to make $600,000 a year are gone now.  

They're all rich, fat, and happy now, just to varying degrees.

Umm, that’s what Rodrigues has been making, $650,000 the past two seasons.  Their not gone.  

There’s also inflation, which is just something that happens.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.