What is Jake McCabe

inkman

Jake McCabe is...  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What type of player do you think Jake McCabe is?

• A number 3-4 defenseman capable of playing in most situations
    • A bottom pair guy that doesn't hurt the team but i don't want to pay 4 mil a year for
    • Totally inept, get him off the team

The injury thing with McCabe is a little overblown. He has played 4 seasons in the NHL.  He has played two full seasons, but was injured for parts of the last 2.  This isn’t a Bogo situation who hasn’t played a complete season since 2009-10.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

I've always liked McCabe and think he adds a bit more offense than he's generally credited with.

I generally agree that he can handle 2nd-pairing ES minutes with a good partner plus PK.

Every good D group needs a few guys who can lay people out from time to time.

• Like (+1) 4

McCabe rocks, if he was the size of his father he would be an all-star!!!

he does all the little things u need to win tough hockey games...

I don't understand the love of these little soft players on this team that bring nothing but their stats.

• Like (+1) 1

I think McCabe is a solid bottom pairing, he brings toughness and is sound defensively, he does make you scratch your head every now and again but to me he works hard at clearing the puck out and will knock the living ***** out of you if need be, he's not flashy or a speed demon but is a sound player that I'd like on my team, seems like all the Stanley Cup teams have that guy. As far as Ristolainen I think with great coaching he can be a special player but unfortunately he hasn't been used to his strengths imo. Hopefully Krueger whos supposed to play to players strengths can get the best out of him, I don't believe we should trade him unless we can get a player of Ehlers or RNH caliber which both seem very far fetched. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.