Dylan Cozens Sabres First Round Pick Signs ELC

Brawndo

35 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Cozens is playing where he should be.   He does not need to be exposed to a possible dreadful NHL rookie season with players who know only losing   

Dach is playing on a better team with past Cup winners that don’t want to suck and just won’t allow it.  

I mean, they've allowed it the last ~2.25 years

7 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Is that good production for his age in the WHL?

Either way I wouldn't be surprised if he's pulling a 2013-14 Sam Reinhart - focusing less on playing WHL hockey and more on getting ready for NHL hockey.

Yes, it’s good.  He’s neck and neck with the league scoring leaders.  Tied for 3rd right now.

• Like (+1) 1

I see now. While I could understand the thought from a fan perspective, I would say that Cozens going down is good. There was talk that Casey might need another year in college which he never got. I think that would have been best for him because he wasn't physically ready for the NHL and still might not be. Cozens I think was not physically ready either. He is big and powerful and I doubt he is the listed 185 after seeing him at the prospect tournament and watching what I could this year of the WHL (2 games lol) but either way he has the opportunity to grow physically and mature his game. At least they didn't pull a tage and bring him up and watch him sink for a year before realizing he needed the AHL. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I see now. While I could understand the thought from a fan perspective, I would say that Cozens going down is good. There was talk that Casey might need another year in college which he never got. I think that would have been best for him because he wasn't physically ready for the NHL and still might not be. Cozens I think was not physically ready either. He is big and powerful and I doubt he is the listed 185 after seeing him at the prospect tournament and watching what I could this year of the WHL (2 games lol) but either way he has the opportunity to grow physically and mature his game. At least they didn't pull a tage and bring him up and watch him sink for a year before realizing he needed the AHL. 

The physical part is really important, but mental aspects are just as important if not more. Nothing wrong with Cozens fighting to finish at the top of the scoring leaders in his league. We want him to act and believe like he's a scoring threat. Last year he was a good scorer, this year he builds that confidence ,becomes a leader and gets stronger physically. Sounds like a good plan.

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck

40 minutes ago, shrader said:

Is it really that crazy of a thought that the 3rd overall pick is ready but the 7th isn't?  Then again, 1.5 months of hockey doesn't mean that #3 is actually ready yet either.  It's fun when a couple of writers blatantly try to stir the pot.

I don't think so. 

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Is it really that crazy of a thought that the 3rd overall pick is ready but the 7th isn't?  Then again, 1.5 months of hockey doesn't mean that #3 is actually ready yet either.  It's fun when a couple of writers blatantly try to stir the pot.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think so. 

Top 3 players always have a much better chance at stepping in right away. Occasionally, a pick later, sometimes much later can sneak into a bad lineup. Not that I needed to tell you fine fellows. 

12 minutes ago, inkman said:

Top 3 players always have a much better chance at stepping in right away. Occasionally, a pick later, sometimes much later can sneak into a bad lineup. Not that I needed to tell you fine fellows. 

It's going to differ from draft to draft obviously.  Then there's that more NHL-ready guy but with a lower ceiling that might go later in the draft.  Regardless, I think it's a slimy tactic by these writers to throw that comment out there.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, shrader said:

It all comes down to size and puberty.  Let the kid grow.  You don't have a chance to bulk-up during 82-game seasons, and that's what Cozens needs to do.

2 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

It all comes down to size and puberty.  Let the kid grow.  You don't have a chance to bulk-up during 82-game seasons, and that's what Cozens needs to do.

Puberty? These guys went trough puberty 5-7 years ago.  Not to get too personal.

I think you just mean adding muscle.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:13 AM, Randall Flagg said:

Either yesterday or Saturday his team scored 6 goals and he didn't have any points. 

I just thought that was fluky, I doubt it's indicative of the season he's having.

Referring to Dach here or Cozens?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.