Dylan Cozens Sabres First Round Pick Signs ELC

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

No, I'm talking about the metal probe thing that closes the door.

You weren't honestly expecting the Rebels to be able to afford 6 axis robots were you?

They had an Empire to defeat.  They couldn't waste money on such frivolities. 

And, clearly, it was 3PO closing his wrist, not some high priced unionized stage hand.  They already were paying Anthony Daniels scale for not a whole lot of screen time.  That cheap bastage Lucas was not about to waste any more money than necessary. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

From everything I read and heard, he was an excellent draft pick and we were lucky that he fell to us.  But that photo really makes me think he needs to hit the weight room.  I realize he's just a kid, but he doesn't look anywhere near NHL ready, from a physical standpoint.  He probably won't be able to do a lot of upper body lifting after having hand surgery, so it may be a while before he even gets started.  I don't think anyone was realistically expecting him to make much of an impact this year anyway, so he's got some time.

Yeah, he is a big kid at 6’3” but still pretty lanky at around 180-185.  He definitely has some weight to put on.

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

From everything I read and heard, he was an excellent draft pick and we were lucky that he fell to us.  But that photo really makes me think he needs to hit the weight room.  I realize he's just a kid, but he doesn't look anywhere near NHL ready, from a physical standpoint.  He probably won't be able to do a lot of upper body lifting after having hand surgery, so it may be a while before he even gets started.  I don't think anyone was realistically expecting him to make much of an impact this year anyway, so he's got some time.

I assumed (perhaps incorrectly), with the current advancements in things like rehab and training in general, that there is a way he can be working out (even upper body) without engaging his thumb. 

Does anybody know more about that?

2 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

I assumed (perhaps incorrectly), with the current advancements in things like rehab and training in general, that there is a way he can be working out (even upper body) without engaging his thumb. 

Does anybody know more about that?

yes

terminator thumbs up GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Curt said:

Yeah, he is a big kid at 6’3” but still pretty lanky at around 180-185.  He definitely has some weight to put on.

My 15 year old is 6'3 200 lbs... just think what 15-20 lbs on Cozens would do for him... 

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I for one am shocked to learn that a 18yr old kid needs to add muscle to compete in the NHL and fill out his frame. It is inconceivable... 

Ha.

Even so, there are degrees in such matters. This guy looks to be years away from being able to handle himself in a men’s league.

13 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Ha.

Even so, there are degrees in such matters. This guy looks to be years away from being able to handle himself in a men’s league.

Just like almost every single draft pick in history. Yup he's probably 2-3 years away from man strength.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Taro T said:

You weren't honestly expecting the Rebels to be able to afford 6 axis robots were you?

They had an Empire to defeat.  They couldn't waste money on such frivolities. 

And, clearly, it was 3PO closing his wrist, not some high priced unionized stage hand.  They already were paying Anthony Daniels scale for not a whole lot of screen time.  That cheap bastage Lucas was not about to waste any more money than necessary. ?

Thanks, now that I'm picturing 3PO closing it, I'm incredibly annoyed.  People love Empire, but that movie would have been so much better if Chewie left him on the scrap heap.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Just like almost every single draft pick in history. Yup he's probably 2-3 years away from man strength.

Yep. Just like Dahlin. Just like 1st year Eichel. Just like 1st and 2nd year Reinhart. Just like Mitts. Just like ....

I wasn’t/am not concerned with those  guys. I’m not the least bit worried about Cozens.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yep. Just like Dahlin. Just like 1st year Eichel. Just like 1st and 2nd year Reinhart. Just like Mitts. Just like ....

I wasn’t/am not concerned with those  guys. I’m not the least bit worried about Cozens.

Well, Mittlestadt sorta proves the point, nah?

Also, there's no sense comparing Cozens to Dahlin and Eichel, for differing reasons. And Reinhart, for his part, is just built differently. He went back to juniors after his draft year and went whole hog on getting bigger and stronger (and his numbers in juniors took a dip as a result). I trust Cozens is ready to do the same, but he's got more range to cover with his bulking up.

I mean, just look at him. He will need some time is my guess.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think he’s 6’3” 185 and was physically dominant against his peers.

Which I guess goes to show that it’s not too hard to be physically dominant against teenagers.

I think that is probably true and even if he doesnt put on more than 5-10 lbs that 5-10lbs will equal a lot of strength and that is probably a bigger deal than actual weight gain.

8 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Ha.

Guys like Mitch Marner and Elias Pettersson look like he does, right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Guys like Mitch Marner and Elias Pettersson look like he does, right now. 

This is true, though I think it matters what type of game you play.  Marner and Pettersson use their elite skill level to avoid contact for the most part, I don’t think Cozens is going to be playing like that.

With that said, he is ready when he is ready.  He seems pretty strong already, so he may be able to play even if he hasn’t filled out all the way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.