Larsson signs Extension with Sabres One Year 1.55 Million

Brawndo

12 hours ago, nfreeman said:

This makes it less likely that Asplund make the NHL roster, right?

I'm fine with Zemgus-Larsson-KO as the 4th line, but I was kinda hoping for some new blood.  We know what those 3 guys' ceilings are, and they ain't high.

I don't think you can make this assumption. new coach, new ideas, new combos. Anyone could be anywhere. 

20 hours ago, nfreeman said:

This makes it less likely that Asplund make the NHL roster, right?

Out of camp, yes. But Rasmus-3 will get his callup this season. I want to give him half a season in Rochester to ensure he's putting it all together. Make it impossible to keep him down.

Two thoughts on it:

• Larsson and Girgs are now easy, cheap grinders to move at the deadline for picks (if they're having healthy seasons and we're out of the playoffs) -- and that'll get Asplund up.
  • If some hybrid 2nd line of Mitts/Reino/Johansson is effective at center (or we still acquire that magic 2C) then there's no need to rush Asplund, even if he's ready. Detroit Red Wing style... he'll appear and the team will get even better at the midway point.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Ducky said:

The Sabres should send one of their not too bad D men somewhere along with Okposo for a 4th or 5th or something.

Prolly end up in Seattle... but yeah will need to offer picks and or other players as incentive.

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Prolly end up in Seattle... but yeah will need to offer picks and or other players as incentive.

The Sabres aren't giving up a 1st to get out of Okposo's contract.  (Which is the absolute minimum they would require to take him off Botterill's hands.). Especially when they're going to walk away from it after the lockout via a compliance buyout.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Will he waive his MNTC of 15 teams he doesn’t want to go to is also a question. He might screw us and say no to Seattle and we’ll have to protect him. 

1 hour ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

I can't believe some love this move- he sucks. Watch the fourth lines of the playoff teams. When Erod is a fourth line center the Sabres will have something.

You have never watch angry Larry come out then... its a beautiful thing!

4 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

One thing is for sure: none of us watched a single second of playoff hockey. 

Sundquist had 31 points with OZ Starts of 35%

Kuraly had 21 points with OZ Starts of 32%

Zemgus had 18 points with OZ starts of 15.6%

Larsson had 14 points with OZ starts of 15% 

The latter two appeared to do a better job of controlling the puck in the defensive zone, it’s almost like they could play on a playoff team.

05741F33-A006-494A-A19F-38CAFF068B35.jpeg

BE268934-1EFB-47FA-BCD9-C4DFEC4D7AFF.jpeg

0A1706EB-EDDE-4C2F-B42A-E11FB4BA8F39.jpeg

7616E280-0AF7-45C7-A0A1-4E8A3E341BFE.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.