Where Does Risto End Up?

WildCard

Risto Destination  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Where Does Risto Go?

32 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Dahlin's offence is so good that sometimes people forget he was also viewed a a prodigious defenseman because he can, well, defend. We all take for granted his offence increasing, his D play is going to, too. Greatly. He's not some sort of one-trick pony on D. 

Absolutely.  He is very good at boxing guys out in front of the net, 2nd only to Bogosian, and he's a friggin' teenager.  Imagine how good he'll be at that when he's "man strong." And once he improves against the rush (particularly the odd man rush) he'll pretty much have the full tool set.  (A couple of other things to improve upon, such as getting a harder shot, but that was the biggest thing I'd like to see improved.).

AND, he'll only be 19 when the puck drops this October.  That is flat out amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Absolutely.  He is very good at boxing guys out in front of the net, 2nd only to Bogosian, and he's a friggin' teenager.  Imagine how good he'll be at that when he's "man strong." And once he improves against the rush (particularly the odd man rush) he'll pretty much have the full tool set.  (A couple of other things to improve upon, such as getting a harder shot, but that was the biggest thing I'd like to see improved.).

AND, he'll only be 19 when the puck drops this October.  That is flat out amazing.

There's also a nasty side to his game. As an 18 year old he already had the odd "lumber laying" hit, he's going to be a *truck* at 22. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dahlin getting stronger and mentally mature is going to be something to watch. I honestly can't project what his ceiling is. 18 year old defenders don't do what he did. Hell 21 year old defenders rarely do what he did. I just hope they keep pushing him and he keeps pushing himself to be the best. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 2

On 7/12/2019 at 8:56 PM, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I.m not an Advanced Stats guy , so take it easy on me......this is just a serious question, and here goes...

When we signed Vesey, I thought I read somewhere that he was spending time last season on the PK. If true, how well did he survive in that role (I.m assuming not well?).

Do your stats reflect anything other than even strength? How would PK time effect results(if he actually had PK role).

If he did play on PK, could that be the reason for the part I Bolded about "signs of growth"?  Just curious.

Vesey did spend some time on the PK. While he was on the ice, the other team scored 12.74 goals against per 60. To give you a comparison to the Buffalo PK, ERod is the worst regular at 7.58. Risto at 6.89... Girgensons was the best regular at 5.35

27 minutes ago, rakish said:

Vesey did spend some time on the PK. While he was on the ice, the other team scored 12.74 goals against per 60. To give you a comparison to the Buffalo PK, ERod is the worst regular at 7.58. Risto at 6.89... Girgensons was the best regular at 5.35

Thanks for the info, was hoping for better.

Maybe they played him on PK hoping to improve his D awareness without any real success. Doesn't look good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.