Where Does Risto End Up?

WildCard

Risto Destination  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Where Does Risto Go?

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Kaiju being brought in to pair with Dahlin. That would be interesting. Dahlin is flashier but Kaiju is very very smart and skates exceedingly well. 

All I can think about is Godzilla right now. I can't find Kaiju online, who is he?

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I have a conceptual question which I'm not even sure how I feel about. If you can get a legit top-6 winger for Risto, but only a middle-6 center, which trade do you make? 

Just to put names to the question, I think I'd rather trade Risto for Ehlers than for Tyler Johnson, even though Johnson clearly fills the bigger hole in the lineup. 

Take the winger, Mitts will be ready at some point; long term the winger is a better idea

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Take the winger, Mitts will be ready at some point; long term the winger is a better idea

In this example I agree with taking the winger, but not for the reason you state - nobody should ever assume that until they see it happening

The only center we've been correct about this with in my entire fanhood was a guy that many people called borderline generational and first overall in any draft since Crosby, and even he has disappointed those expectations

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

In this example I agree with taking the winger, but not for the reason you state - nobody should ever assume that until they see it happening

The only center we've been correct about this with in my entire fanhood was a guy that many people called borderline generational and first overall in any draft since Crosby, and even he has disappointed those expectations

Yeah I know what you mean, but I believe in the Mitts even if it's not wise to bank on something like that, and I would think Botterill does too

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I have a conceptual question which I'm not even sure how I feel about. If you can get a legit top-6 winger for Risto, but only a middle-6 center, which trade do you make? 

Just to put names to the question, I think I'd rather trade Risto for Ehlers than for Tyler Johnson, even though Johnson clearly fills the bigger hole in the lineup. 

I can probably think of examples that go both ways for me. 

I'd prefer JT Miller to Mike Hoffman for example. Hoffman can reasonably be a top line winger (maybe preferably the 3rd best player on that line but still) and when we talked Miller for Risto, lots of people said "2C sliding to 3C or wing"

12 hours ago, French Collection said:

I'm thinking Winnipeg because they lost Trouba and Myers from their RHD ranks.

I can see Ehlers and Roslovic coming back for Risto + prospect or pick.  Doesn't solve our 2C problem but he would have another speedy winger and a potential 3C. 

Would you give up Reinhart and Mittelstadt for Risto?

I doubt Winnipeg is this stupid.

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd trade for the winger as long as they were a RW. 

The great thing with Tyler Johnson is he can play both.

So WPG needs defense, EDM needs wingers, BUF needs a 2C.

Three team trade that benefits each team.

WPG trades Ehlers and Roslovic to EDM.

WPG trades Lowry to BUF.

EDM trades RNH to BUF.

EDM trades Puljujarvi to WPG.

BUF trades Risto and Larsson to WPG.

BUF trades Sheary to EDM.

How it looks for each team.

WPG trades Ehlers, Roslovic, and Lowry for Risto, Larsson, and Puljujarvi.  Gains 4.5 million in cap space. Moves out Roslovic for Puljujarvi. Puljujarvi reuninted with Laine. Change of scenery would help both.

EDM trades RNH and Puljujarvi for Ehlers, Sheary, and Roslovic. Gets three wingers to help bolster top nine and help for McDavid and Draisaitl.

BUF trades Risto, Larsson, and Sheary for RNH and Lowry.  Gets true 2c and 4c.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

Guys, Risto isn't going to Winnipeg. They might need defense but they have enough cap space that they don't need to unload anyone good to make him fit.

If we trade Risto to Winnipeg it's going to be for a terrible return.

I disagree. Peg is desperate for Right Def.  Ristolainen is cost controlled. I suspect Ehlers for Ristolainen could happen. Peg needs to pay Laine and others. 

Just now, freester said:

I disagree. Peg is desperate for Right Def.  Ristolainen is cost controlled. I suspect Ehlers for Ristolainen could happen. Peg needs to pay Laine and others. 

They can do everything they want without trading us nothing for Risto. We're not getting Ehlers. Put down the crack pipe.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd trade for the winger as long as they were a RW. 

Assuming there aren't age / serious cap issues, get the true stud.  Having that guy, Skinner, Reinhart, & Olofsson (yes, Olofsson) as the top 4 wingers could go a long way towards allowing Johansson to be adequate/ good as the 2C.  Those guys could also get mixed and matched throughout the top 9 depending upon opponent along with Sheary, Vesey, and Rodrigues to exploit weaknesses of the opponent. 

Adding a 3rd line center doesn't really give that much flexibility & would likely still leave the 2nd line ineffective.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, freester said:

I guess the Hockey News writer is using the crack pipe too. ?

Larkin’s article just highlights deals that have been discussed here ad nauseam.  Risto for Ehlers, Risto for RNH and Risto for Tyler Johnson.  All make sense on many levels, and Jbot would likely make all those deals or deals with those players as the primary pieces.  However there are issues with each of those deals.  Johnson has a NTC.  Ehlers is a LW which is not an area of need and I have no idea why Edm would trade away RNH, but they have done dumber things in the past.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Larkin’s article just highlights deals that have been discussed here ad nauseam.  Risto for Ehlers, Risto for RNH and Risto for Tyler Johnson.  All make sense on many levels, and Jbot would likely make all those deals or deals with those players as the primary pieces.  However there are issues with each of those deals.  Johnson has a NTC.  Ehlers is a LW which is not an area of need and I have no idea why Edm would trade away RNH, but they have done dumber things in the past.

Yeah. In my opinion none of those three choices are realistic landing places for Risto once you start putting any thought into it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.