Where Does Risto End Up?

WildCard

Risto Destination  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Where Does Risto Go?

1 minute ago, Marchand'sNose said:

Long-term, this team desperately needs a top right winger more than a #2 center. We have Mittelstadt, Cozens, and Asplund at center but only Reinhart and Thompson at RW. So any RW who would be a good fit with Eichel and Skinner should be considered in a Risto trade.

We had Girgensons, Grigorenko, Hodgson at one point too. 

Hindsight can cloud just as much as it can reveal - 2C is not solved until it's SOLVED, ya know? 

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Winnipeg. They desperately need a Risto and have some parts to help us. 1 of their current nhl wingers and a center prospect

I think Winnipeg, too. Tyler Myers 2.0. They'll proclaim they received the second coming of Zdeno Chara in the trade, only to be disappointed in due time. 

Whereas Murray ended up breaking even (or, really, probably winning) that trade, Botterill will win his handily. Due to the bolded: they don't desperately need Risto, they desperately need Risto to become what they need, and he won't (PP production, not 5v5 ability).

They don't have any good center prospects, btw. Jets are prime example of building from the wing, in. 

Edited by Thorny

The lost Trouba, Myers and Chariot. Added Pionk.Still have Niku and our old friend Beaulieu.

They should have huge interest in Risto, but they’d probably rather sign Gardiner for free.

Thing is, I don’t want the likes of Little or Perreault in a Risto deal. They aren’t a good solution to our trade woes.

Edited by dudacek

Just now, dudacek said:

The lost Trouba, Myers and Chariot. Added Pionk.Still have Nike and our old friend Beaulieu.

They should have huge interest in Risto, but they’d probably rather sign Gardiner for free.

Talk around Winnipeg circles is optimism he'll provide value in a top-4 role. 

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think I meant to say Beaulieu when I said Kulikov, not sure if Kuli is still there. 

Makes sense that they might want Risto. 

How much would we have to add to Risto to get Copp and Ehlers?

Kulikov is still there.

If I’m Botts, I hold firm that Risto is worth Ehlers, so it’s down to how much you value Copp.

I’d say a 2nd or equivalent player might close the deal. I like Copp.

25 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think I meant to say Beaulieu when I said Kulikov, not sure if Kuli is still there. 

Makes sense that they might want Risto. 

How much would we have to add to Risto to get Copp and Ehlers?

A lot of the fanbase envisions Copp as their 2C next season. Not sure management thinks along the same lines, but if they do, I'd imagine a lot. They don't have depth at C (thus trading a 1st at the deadline for a 2C the last 2 deadlines), so that would probably make them quite hesitant to trade Copp. 

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Kulikov is still there.

If I’m Botts, I hold firm that Risto is worth Ehlers, so it’s down to how much you value Copp.

I’d say a 2nd or equivalent player might close the deal. I like Copp.

Not enough I'd wager. 

Well we need a RW or C so for Winnipeg it'd likely be Ehlers (doubt they ditch Laine) could be Roslevic. Likely a few parts/prospects/picks mixed into this one way or the other.

For Tampa I'd obviously like it to be Point but I think a deal with Cirelli +  might be very interesting. Really liked him at the worlds. 

I went with the Edmonton Oilers as they need a RHD yet have a strong group up the middle in McDavid, Draisatle and RNH so I'd say there is probably mutual interest there, maybe we give a 2nd round pick along with Risto. Risto is signed for 3 seasons at 5.4M AAV while RNH is 6M AAV for 2 seasons. This would be a trade I'd be down with but i wouldn't tade Rosi for just any 2nd line C as i still think he has lots of value with us.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Kulikov is still there.

I can't believe he's still in the league.  He and Andre Benoit [Balls] were synonymous with the Tank and made turnstiles and traffic cones look good, respectively.

Risto+McCabe+Smith or Rodrigues+pick (~7.5AAV) for Ehlers+Lowry (8.9AAV)

Jets need to shed some cap, especially long-term, which is why Ehlers goes cheap.  I believe the Jets want to dump Kulikov, but I bet we are on his 6-team no trade list after the whole door incident.  They would prefer to keep their youth over their guys under contract (Ehlers & Lowry).  They also value McCabe highly because he is still RFA, and they have very few defenders currently under long-term control.  I think they'd demand a cheap forward back if trading two forwards out.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I currently view the right side of the defense as: Montour, Miller, Jokiharju, Risto, Nelson, Bogo.

I no longer see a scenario where we don't trade Ristolainen. 

The Jokijarju trades makes the RHD very interesting.  

I think it hints at 4 things.

1) Jbot remains unhappy with the D from last year and despite the additions of Montour and Miller more change is coming despite everyone from last year except Baloo still here.

2) Borgen isn’t NHL ready yet and Jbot wants him in the AHL next year.

3) Bogo May be done as a Sabre. 2 hip surgeries in the last few years leads me to believe he is out for this season and that is a significant reason why Jbot acquired 2 NHL RHD this off-season.

4) With Bogo out and 2 NHL RHD acquired, I’m coming around to the idea that Risto is gone.  The question is when.  It still could be the trade deadline. My biggest problems are that the most likely trade targets all have issues like not being a center or having a NTC and making the cap $ work.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I have a conceptual question which I'm not even sure how I feel about. If you can get a legit top-6 winger for Risto, but only a middle-6 center, which trade do you make? 

Just to put names to the question, I think I'd rather trade Risto for Ehlers than for Tyler Johnson, even though Johnson clearly fills the bigger hole in the lineup. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I have a conceptual question which I'm not even sure how I feel about. If you can get a legit top-6 winger for Risto, but only a middle-6 center, which trade do you make? 

Just to put names to the question, I think I'd rather trade Risto for Ehlers than for Tyler Johnson, even though Johnson clearly fills the bigger hole in the lineup. 

I'd trade for the winger as long as they were a RW. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.