Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Sabres Trade Alex Nylander to Chicago for D Man Henri Jokiharju

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I don't think this is right at all. Nobody is taking Bogosian off our hands, and Nelson profiles as the type of D that Botterill values, even if only in a depth role. I don't think acquiring a young Dman with little NHL experience necessitates a Risto trade right this very second...but the tea leaves are pretty clearly blowing in that direction. 

Let's think of it this way.  Who of what we have can be sent to Rochester without clearing waivers?  How many are already slated for Rochester?  Assume each team needs what? 7? Certainly no more than 8.  I count 17 guys under contract with the Sabres below. I do not know who the Amerks have under contract themselves, I think they re-signed MacWilliam at least.  Unsure about Redmond, Tennyson, Dougherty.  I bolded the guys who I think it's unlikely will be moved this season.

Right Shot

  • Bogosian
  • Ristolainen
  • Miller
  • Montour
  • Nelson
  • Jokiharu
  • Borgen
  • Fitzgerald

Left Shot

  • Dahlin
  • Scandella
  • Hunwick
  • McCabe (RFA - arbitration)
  • Pilut
  • Hickey
  • Bryson
  • Stephens
  • Gilmour

Our right shot situation looks pretty good and there are some players available to move.  Bogo will start the year on LTIR so he won't be moved right away and could be claimed if we sent him down. Ristolainen won't be waived under any circumstances.  Scandella and Nelson I think would be claimed.  Hunwick I think would clear.  Our left shots other than Dahlin look dicey so I wouldn't be shocked to see a LHD come back in a future trade. Of course that's also where someone like Jake Gardiner fits in the conversation.

Edited by Let's Go B-Lo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

Also:  his nickname has to be "Joker," right?

Yes, but Rip will call him "Hensie" or "Joksie" instead.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

Could JBott be preparing to let McCabe walk?

A cost controlled capable left handed D. Why do we want him gone?

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RAPM Jokiharu v Dahlin:

image.thumb.png.21b2d0638f5dd1e45b655ea823907da1.png

And, FWIW, vs. McCabe

image.thumb.png.c9c7189b794746aca4cde1d89e4b17c0.png

Not bad.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, inkman said:

A cost controlled capable left handed D. Why do we want him gone?

Well, we don't know what his contract ask has been. Maybe Botterill is looking at a figure he doesn't like for a 3rd pairing Dman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Another small player. I'm beginning to worry that when we play the Islanders we will just get run over again. Especially if Risto leaves 

Samuelsson and Borgen in the pipeline. One left shot, one right.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Well, we don't know what his contract ask has been. Maybe Botterill is looking at a figure he doesn't like for a 3rd pairing Dman. 

I suppose. Can you trade an RFA?  Hate to just let him walk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Chicago Social Media Person deserves a raise, read the replies 

Wow, Chicago people are pretty pissed! 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, inkman said:

I suppose. Can you trade an RFA?  Hate to just let him walk. 

Yes, especially in a sign-and-trade.  I don't want him gone without a very nice return, though.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, inkman said:

I suppose. Can you trade an RFA?  Hate to just let him walk. 

Yea, you can trade his rights. I don't think there's any way Botterill would just let him walk unless arbitration gives him something nutty like $5M. Which for a guy who doesn't produce offense isn't going to happen. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, I think Risto represents a real asset with real value, and I think JB is savvy enough not to trade him for a pupu platter of 2nd-tier prospects and picks. 

I can’t believe you went and opened that can in this rare thread filled with joy and optimism.😋

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, inkman said:

I suppose. Can you trade an RFA?  Hate to just let him walk. 

It's in arbitration. There is ZERO chance the Sabres walk away from the awarded salary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ... said:

RAPM Jokiharu v Dahlin:

image.thumb.png.21b2d0638f5dd1e45b655ea823907da1.png

And, FWIW, vs. McCabe

image.thumb.png.c9c7189b794746aca4cde1d89e4b17c0.png

Not bad.

I have no idea what any of this even means! 

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Let's think of it this way.  Who of what we have can be sent to Rochester without clearing waivers?  How many are already slated for Rochester?  Assume each team needs what? 7? Certainly no more than 8.  I count 17 guys under contract with the Sabres below. I do not know who the Amerks have under contract themselves, I think they re-signed MacWilliam at least.  Unsure about Redmond, Tennyson, Dougherty.  I bolded the guys who I think it's unlikely will be moved this season.

Right Shot

  • Bogosian
  • Ristolainen
  • Miller
  • Montour
  • Nelson
  • Jokiharu
  • Borgen
  • Fitzgerald

Left Shot

  • Dahlin
  • Scandella
  • Hunwick
  • McCabe (RFA - arbitration)
  • Pilut
  • Hickey
  • Bryson
  • Stephens
  • Gilmour

Our right shot situation looks pretty good and there are some players available to move.  Bogo will start the year on LTIR so he won't be moved right away and could be claimed if we sent him down. Ristolainen won't be waived under any circumstances.  Scandella and Nelson I think would be claimed.  Hunwick I think would clear.  Our left shots other than Dahlin look dicey so I wouldn't be shocked to see a LHD come back in a future trade. Of course that's also where someone like Jake Gardiner fits in the conversation.

You really can't count on Bogo this season. He's not a quick healer. And he's gone after the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Jokiharu can't play the game your coach wants to play but Nylander can I'm more than a little confused about what your coach is looking for in players.

1 minute ago, klos1963 said:

You really can't count on Bogo this season. He's not a quick healer. And he's gone after the season.

Agreed, but he still counts as a body to be accounted for.  I did say he'd be on LTIR to begin the year.  Who knows how long that will end up being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, inkman said:

A cost controlled capable left handed D. Why do we want him gone?

Not saying an issue of “want.” Possibly JBott offered him the max he thought he was worth. And maybe he’s had conversations with other GM’s, who aren’t interested in him at more than what JBott just offered him. All speculation, of course.

Edited by erickompositör72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ... said:

RAPM Jokiharu v Dahlin:

image.thumb.png.21b2d0638f5dd1e45b655ea823907da1.png

And, FWIW, vs. McCabe

image.thumb.png.c9c7189b794746aca4cde1d89e4b17c0.png

Not bad.

Oooo just wait.... this kid is fun. 

 

Also... 

infinity war yes GIF

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...