Sabres Trade Alex Nylander to Chicago for D Man Henri Jokiharju

Brawndo

36 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

It's Gritty with proper grooming.

27 minutes ago, shrader said:

Convincing the others to mutilate the poor bumble?  Yukon deserves to suffer for what he has done.

Rumor: He may or may not have convinced Cal O'Reily to do the same to Nylander back in Rochester.

We all have such a wonderful sense of humor in the summer!

17 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

What?

Whater?

Ha. I'm busting on you. Someone was late to a joke and you just swatted their sh1t out of the there.

Image result for rejected gif

I think I got that panda .gif when I asked for smack or swat or some such.

Edited by That Aud Smell

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?  How am I supposed to derive meaning from some panda shutting down a monitor in a hospital?

Now you know how I feel when people post stats without context.

ball rolling GIF

(There is no context that can link this gif to my comment.  It just made me laugh.  I'm sorry.)

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Now you know how I feel when people post stats without context.

ball rolling GIF

(There is no context that can link this gif to my comment.  It just made me laugh.  I'm sorry.)

I know a couple people that would never leave the house if they could do that. ?

On 7/10/2019 at 6:17 PM, Ducky said:

I honestly don't know how good Nylander is but Joki will be a 2nd pairing D man at the least and who cares if Nylander lights it up or not? He's a Hawk...

The Sabres D just got better with a cost controlled asset for the next 6 years for a player that didn't pan out for the them. Very solid move and I am envious. I'd love to see him in a Jets' uni.

Blackhawk fans are losing their minds over this deal.  Joki was their future core and to trade him for a forward like Nylander whose production and effort rain question marks is apparently not a popular move.  Hawk fans think the Sabres stole this guy.

52 minutes ago, dejeanerret said:

Blackhawk fans are losing their minds over this deal.  Joki was their future core and to trade him for a forward like Nylander whose production and effort rain question marks is apparently not a popular move.  Hawk fans think the Sabres stole this guy.

Coulda been worse.  Coulda been Stephane Beauregard.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dejeanerret said:

They did...

• Like (+1) 2

He’s not ahead of a Risto, Montour, or Miller on the right side entering camp, and Bogo and Nelson are there on one-way deals as well.

He probably needs a vet to be traded, injuries and/or and RH moved to the left side to make the team.

But if he’s as good as Hawk fans say, maybe he will make the team outright.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Is he gonna play in buff this year? I see AL these line combos in other threads without much mention of him. 

Maybe it depends on if we unload some D, but do we see him in the the 6 in buffalo this season? 

Absolutely.   He's legit.  Still can't believe Chicago traded him, young D with his skillset don't grow on trees.

Jokiharju, is far from a disappointment.  His WJR tournament last year, his 17 points in 30 games after his demotion barring a coaching change.  For all we know Joker wasn't called up for his development.  This is a GREAT win for the Sabres.  Alex Nylander is a bust, 30 goals in 165 games at the AHL level.  A player who never put in enough work, who never put in enough on the back end and felt he "deserved" to be in the NHL.  His twitter posts just hours after the trade were about "how Chicago develops", not a thank you to being drafted or to his team mates.  Yes, I agree with him that he was drafted, and not handled properly.  But, at no point did his play away from the puck proved that Alex deserved to be an NHL talent.  He's a primadonna bust. 

I think it’s a little early in his development to be calling Alex Nylander a bust. But I know some like to slam players once they leave the organization. He MAY be a slow developer. It does happen once in awhile. Shocking, I know. We’ll see if the Chicago organization can develop him more and he turns a corner in a season or two ?‍♂️

On 7/13/2019 at 12:50 PM, dudacek said:

He’s not ahead of a Risto, Montour, or Miller on the right side entering camp, and Bogo and Nelson are there on one-way deals as well.

He probably needs a vet to be traded, injuries and/or and RH moved to the left side to make the team.

But if he’s as good as Hawk fans say, maybe he will make the team outright.

he just needs Risto to get traded.  Bogo starts on IR, and Nelson resumes his role of 4th RHD.  Jokiharju then jumps into the 3rd RHD role and then we'll see how he plays and how long it takes Bogo to get ready.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.