Sabres Trade Alex Nylander to Chicago for D Man Henri Jokiharju

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Also he had a lot of injuries already, he might turn into a top 9 for the blackhawks still.

I was going to point out the injuries but you beat me to it. He’s missed significant time in all of his pro seasons so far.

27 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

@Weave you are 100% Correct about Nylander. 

Thanks, but which part was I correct about?

NM- saw upthread.  To be fair, most of it was based on other peoples observations.  It's not like we saw alot of him.

Edited by Weave

I am excited to get this guy. I remember seeing him in the WJC, he was a key player for Finland. As some have stated, he played half a season in the NHL as a 19 year old, that means he's got game.

Good luck to Alex, I think he'll make it with Chicago but he doesn't seem to bring enough desire to have a lot of impact.

Can't wait to see Dahlin and Jokiharju lead the charge.

JBot, get us a 2C now, you have some currency.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

So we should believe that both are similar because you said so? What are your credentials for scouting NHL talent?

I didn’t say both are similar, I said the internet will say this is a landslide for the Sabres, scouts will rank it more evenly.

I’ve barely seen Jokiharju play. But I read too much about hockey, and try to pay attention to both popular and professional opinions and I’m confident that what I posted is a realistic representation of what I’ve read. Use the info however you see fit.

Also, go puck yourself ?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Oh yeah, another TM draft bust gets dumped on another team.   

So now the Blackhawks have brought in 2 prime GMTM Sabres debacles in Lehner and Nylander.

Hopefully Nylander will get it together like Lehner has done so far.

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

So now the Blackhawks have brought in 2 prime GMTM Sabres debacles in Lehner and Nylander.

Hopefully Nylander will get it together like Lehner has done so far.

Lehner was not a debacle in Buffalo.  He posted a .920 behind THAT team.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Great trade. We should have a little more faith in our GM after today. 

I would have hoped that all the moves he has made since the ROR deal would have instilled some hope.  Since the ROR deal he has added Johansson, Skinner, Montour, Miller, Vesey, and Jokiharju for 3 questionable prospects (Guhle, Nylander and Pu,) some draft picks and without losing a roster player.  

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Lehner was not a debacle in Buffalo.  He posted a .920 behind THAT team.

This is fair, but I think his last season here was a debacle.

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I would have hoped that all the moves he has made since the ROR deal would have instilled some hope.  Since the ROR deal he has added Johansson, Skinner, Montour, Miller, Vesey, and Jokiharju for 3 questionable prospects (Guhle, Nylander and Pu,) some draft picks and without losing a roster player.  

All good on paper, but like any GM, he's responsible for delivering a winning team.  So far he's not even close.

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

This is fair, but I think his last season here was a debacle.

All good on paper, but like any GM, he's responsible for delivering a winning team.  So far he's not even close.

Yeh Im still at Show Me stage...

Just now, mphs mike said:

One thing Botterill has shown is that the ROR disaster hasn't made him gun shy in remaking the roster. That, I view, as a good sign.

He's shown that he's willing to trade picks and prospects.  He hasn't remade the roster yet.

The top six fowards are still a concern, and the team still needs to show it can play team defense, but  Botterill still has ample time before the season begins.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.