Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
North Buffalo

2020 Draft Rankings way too early

Recommended Posts

Though this is too early, I wanted to starting think about what the Sabres options might be for drafting another top flight center next year because it appears you can never have enough.  Here are some articles already out there:

https://dobberprospects.com/2020-nhl-draft-rankings-november-2018/

https://www.eliteprospects.com/draft-center/2020

https://www.draftgeek.ca/nhl-draft-2020/

https://thepuckauthority.com/the-historic-talent-of-the-2020-nhl-entry-draft/

http://insider.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/27059799/20-2020-way-too-early-nhl-draft-rankings

https://www.dudedaily.ca/top-2020-nhl-draft-prospects/

Edited by North Buffalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

No 1st rd'ers except a Dman...Justin Barron.

That's a top 20 name, for sure!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

No 1st rd'ers except a Dman...Justin Barron.

I just checked Elite Prospects and he is topped ranked CHL (yikes ... JBOT, don't fail me now!!) player and #3 overall, unless I am reasing it wrong.

That settles it ...

BARRON!!

😎

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*sticks fingers in ears*

LALALALALALALALA!!!!!!!!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My "way too early" favorite 2020 prospect   Listed at 6'0   160lbs on elite prospects but I'm guessing they need to update

 

 

 

Edited by Crusader1969
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

My "way too early" favorite 2020 prospect   Listed at 6'0   160lbs on elite prospects but I'm guessing they need to update

 

 

 

Yes, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Yes, please.

Ah, to discussions around drafting late in the first round, and not top ten.  Yes, please!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheeses.  Like Scott Stevens with elbows down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

My "way too early" favorite 2020 prospect   Listed at 6'0   160lbs on elite prospects but I'm guessing they need to update

 

 

 

Draftsite has him listed at 6'2-192lbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team Canada announces roster for the Hlinka tournament 

https://www.tsn.ca/canada-announces-roster-for-2019-hlinka-gretzky-cup-1.1344409

Byfield is the big name to watch for but others who have preseason first round grades by at least one publication include 

Bourque C from QJHML

Cormier D from Q

Cuylle LW OHL

Drysdale D OHL

Foudy C OHL

Guhle D WHL

Jarvis RW WHL

Lapierre C q

Perfetti C OHL

Poirrier  D QMJHL 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gunler,  Lundell, and Raymond are my current interesting list of guys. There's others too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I placed my Be A Pro winger on NHL 20 on Byfield's junior team, because my goal is to help him pile up enough points to unseat Lafreniere in the game's 2020 draft 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

ISS releases their top 31

https://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-31

When you include Askarov in the top 10 it looks like a tremendous draft at the top 

if Sabres are still looking for their 2C, their sights have to be on Byfield   

7th here, but I believe he will be a top 3 pick  

 

 

Surely this couldn't be the case? If we somehow already know by then that neither Cozens nor Mittelstadt are going to grow into that role, I doubt Botterill gets a third shot at drafting that player in the top 10.  Luckily I don't see that being the case, I think if anything the confidence in Cozens and likely Mittelstadt will be higher by that point. 

If the Sabres are drafting their 2C in a year from now, and we have to wait atleast another 3 from now for that player to even be ready for that, they are doing something wrong. 

Edited by Thorny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Surely this couldn't be the case? If we somehow already know by then that neither Cozens nor Mittelstadt are going to grow into that role, I doubt Botterill gets a third shot at drafting that player in the top 10.  Luckily I don't see that being the case, I think if anything the confidence in Cozens and likely Mittelstadt will be higher by that point. 

If the Sabres are drafting their 2C in a year from now, and we have to wait atleast another 3 from now for that player to even be ready for that, they are doing something wrong. 

I’m not saying that Cozens (or even Mitts) can’t be that 2C, but I also think Cozens could be a very good top-6 RW.  Also, if the opportunity is there to draft Byfield, outside of #1-2 overall, you should probably just do it, regardless of whether you have other prospects who may end up good enough to be your 2C someday.  Byfield is going to be a 6’5” 225lb power C who is also a great skater, great shot, young for his draft year, 12pts in his first 5 OHL games this season.  There is so much to like there, regardless of what other prospects a team has.  He is honestly a lot like an even better version of Cozens.

Additionally, Byfield is going to be an NHL player in the 2020-21 season, possibly at a very high level immediately.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

if Sabres are still looking for their 2C, their sights have to be on Byfield   

"Last place sealed for Byfield."          Too soon????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Surely this couldn't be the case? If we somehow already know by then that neither Cozens nor Mittelstadt are going to grow into that role, I doubt Botterill gets a third shot at drafting that player in the top 10.  Luckily I don't see that being the case, I think if anything the confidence in Cozens and likely Mittelstadt will be higher by that point. 

If the Sabres are drafting their 2C in a year from now, and we have to wait atleast another 3 from now for that player to even be ready for that, they are doing something wrong. 

I’ll go out on a limb and say that Byfield will be the best player out of the 3 next season in the NHL

The lottery balls will have to bounce your way for him to be available.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Curt said:

I’m not saying that Cozens (or even Mitts) can’t be that 2C, but I also think Cozens could be a very good top-6 RW.  Also, if the opportunity is there to draft Byfield, outside of #1-2 overall, you should probably just do it, regardless of whether you have other prospects who may end up good enough to be your 2C someday.  Byfield is going to be a 6’5” 225lb power C who is also a great skater, great shot, young for his draft year, 12pts in his first 5 OHL games this season.  There is so much to like there, regardless of what other prospects a team has.  He is honestly a lot like an even better version of Cozens.

Additionally, Byfield is going to be an NHL player in the 2020-21 season, possibly at a very high level immediately.

I’m not not taking issue with BPA. I was contending the “if the Sabres are still looking for their 2C” wording. 

They’d be drafting Byfield because he’s BPA, not out of a desire to fill 2C in a few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...