2020 Draft Rankings Not Soon Enough...

North Buffalo

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Age matters. It is why when I hear someone ask why Dahlin isn't as good as Makar I shrug it off because they are still in the development phase and age matters. 

That brings me to Jack Finley. He's young, really young, clocking in with a September birthday he is one of the youngest in this draft. He is big at 6'5" and has some good qualities but looks really raw from the little I have watched. So what do you do with a guy like him? You see if he slides into the 4th and you draft him. His production is decent at 57 in 61 and you have to view him as a year younger than basically everyone else. This is the type of player you play blackjack with, you might lose but you have better odds than selecting someone else who is older, scored less, and is an even longer shot. Will he pan out? Idk maybe, but the point is the age adjusted scoring would tell us a lot about him. At the same age Rossi outscored him but not by a ton. Just something to consider as the later rounds of the draft come at you. Finley is young and large meaning like our young Tage he is probably on a development curve that isn't at the same point as his other draft eligible friends. Worth a shot. 

Related to Joe Finley?

39 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Jason Botterill's drafting bias set us back years in terms of our prospect pool. 

If it takes 7 separate tweets to say what you want to say, then twitter is probably not the place to say it.

In general, I think the conclusion is correct.  CHL has the strongest junior  leagues.  However, this guy is taking a bunch of players who were drafted 5-10-15 years ago and using them to determine which junior leagues are the best today.  That’s not necessarily going to yield accurate results.

I think in recent years the WHL, and all US leagues (USNTDP, USHL, NCAA) have gained ground on the OHL and QMJHL.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 8/22/2020 at 10:08 AM, Curt said:

If it takes 7 separate tweets to say what you want to say, then twitter is probably not the place to say it.

In general, I think the conclusion is correct.  CHL has the strongest junior  leagues.  However, this guy is taking a bunch of players who were drafted 5-10-15 years ago and using them to determine which junior leagues are the best today.  That’s not necessarily going to yield accurate results.

I think in recent years the WHL, and all US leagues (USNTDP, USHL, NCAA) have gained ground on the OHL and QMJHL.

Yep. Theres a site called: https://www.twitlonger.com/  where you can type to your hearts content & have it all under one tweet. If only more people knew about it.

My takeaway from that is Nick Robertson was born on 9/11.

I know what you are posting there.  I'm just commenting that what I noticed first was when he was born.  I find that an interesting observation of myself.

44 minutes ago, LTS said:

My takeaway from that is Nick Robertson was born on 9/11.

I know what you are posting there.  I'm just commenting that what I noticed first was when he was born.  I find that an interesting observation of myself.

Yup.  For as long as he is alive, nobody will have spent 100% of their days in a post-9-11 world longer than he has.  The world truly changed profoundly that day and he never got to experience the 9-10 world.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Thanks for this, I subscribe to his channel.

He has a French accent like many of my family members (lol) but explains things well. I’m interested to see where he ranks Jarvis. Another C I am curious about is Hendrix Lapierre. He had some concussion issues this season and missed a lot of games. I recall there were some comparisons to Patrice Bergeron at the start of the season. 8 is too early but he could go in the teens if the Sabres traded down.

13 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Wish there were more bigger skilled forwards available.   Sabres need to pick the guy in 8 range with most nasty in his game.

Rossi has the most nasty. Jarivs the most hunt you down. 

Keep in mind the "nastiest" player from 2019 was 5'9" Nick Robertson. That kid will eat you alive to get the puck back. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Ottawa has reportedly had multiple Zoom meetings with Cole Perfetti and Jake Sanderson. 

Drysdale and Sanderson both going in the Top Seven would bode well for the Sabres. 

Am I the only one who is getting the sense that we are going to end up with Rossi?

There's the big three, the top 2 D hype is still there, and Raymond has started really well in Sweden. That would leave one of Perfetti and Rossi for us, who remain my two favourites.

Is this just Staal trade endorphins clouding my brain?

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Am I the only one who is getting the sense that we are going to end up with Rossi?

There's the big three, the top 2 D hype is still there, and Raymond has started really well in Sweden. That would leave one of Perfetti and Rossi for us, who remain my two favourites.

I'm getting a similar feeling, but I don't want to get my hopes too high.

I think he's my fourth favorite player in the draft.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I can see it. But to me there's a chasm between Rossi and Perfetti so it's not quite roses. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.