A "smaller space" for RaKru with Sabres, but for how long?

PASabreFan

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Leaving aside the general touchiness of this post, as to the bolded -- holy assuming facts not in evidence, Batman!

I would submit that the "track record" to which you refer is wholly theoretical and not in the slightest "demonstrated" or "admitted."  (Citations to prior Sabrespace threads are not admissible as evidence here.)

Also, I was joking about bitter clingers.

Who says... its ipso facto or you are a fatso which ever you prefer... ?

51 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

holy assuming facts not in evidence, Batman!

I would submit that the "track record" to which you refer is wholly theoretical and not in the slightest "demonstrated" or "admitted."  (Citations to prior Sabrespace threads are not admissible as evidence here.)

The Smell will take Aud(acious) notice of Terry Pegula's nolo contendere conviction as a meddler. Dude's a meddling mcmeddleface. Look it up.

54 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Also, I was joking about bitter clingers.

I, in turn, was not picking up what you were putting down. Still don't get it. That's on me.

29 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Good that you were picking up what I was putting down. I'm in a jag right now where feigned incomprehension as a rhetorical device is grinding my gears like a mofo.

Not a big deal, of course, but there was no feigning.  Dimwitted I may be, but not dishonest.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sir! Sir! You feigned, sir. FEIGNED I SAY!

I beg to differ.

Since JB continues to arrogantly blow off @Randall Flagg's demand for early-summer trades, leaving us with little to discuss, here's what happened in the great feigning hoax of 2019:

I posted the following quote from Tim Graham in the Athletic regarding TP:

In fact, Terry Pegula has been increasingly hands-off over the years with both the Sabres and Bills. He hires executives to do those jobs and lets them work without meddling.

Pegula has final say over every personnel move; that is any owner’s prerogative. But insight from those who know insist Pegula provides Sabres GM Jason Botterill and Bills GM Brandon Beane all the latitude and resources they wish.

To which you responded:

On 7/8/2019 at 10:01 AM, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah -- that's just weak sauce. It reads a bit like copy from a writer who's peddling a company's preferred narrative in exchange for access.

His teams have no presidents of sports operations. He is therefore the de facto president of sports operations for those clubs.

...to which I responded in a totally non-feigning way that I wasn't sure what your point was.

Recriminations, accusations, betrayals and tears soon followed.  Lives were shattered.

If your point in the post in question was that since he is de facto president, he is therefore an obvious meddler -- well, I submit to you, sir, that that point is far from clear from your post, and moreover that it doesn't hold logical water.

I'll await your defense with bated breath..

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

I beg to differ.

Since JB continues to arrogantly blow off @Randall Flagg's demand for early-summer trades, leaving us with little to discuss, here's what happened in the great feigning hoax of 2019:

To which you responded:

...to which I responded in a totally non-feigning way that I wasn't sure what your point was.

Recriminations, accusations, betrayals and tears soon followed.  Lives were shattered.

If your point in the post in question was that since he is de facto president, he is therefore an obvious meddler -- well, I submit to you, sir, that that point is far from clear from your post, and moreover that it doesn't hold logical water.

Pah!

Your intimate familiarity with my posting canon here is presumed, nay IMPUTED to you. My point was therefore ineluctably clear.

You will also note well that, with me, there is sometimes an inverse relationship between the reading level of vocabulary deployed and the overall legitimacy of the contention.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/8/2019 at 4:01 AM, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah -- that's just weak sauce. It reads a bit like copy from a writer who's peddling a company's preferred narrative in exchange for access.

His teams have no presidents of sports operations. He is therefore the de facto president of sports operations for those clubs.

Tim doesn’t seem the type to check his ego for writing stories, especially with his new gig, to carry water for anyone.

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I beg to differ.

To which you responded:

Well done. However, I would say since it's written that Pegula has become increasingly hands off that does seem to imply that, at a minimum, he used to meddle and he's starting to do that less and less. I find it highly unlikely that he's completely hands off though unless it was Botterill who insisted on St. Louis paying Eeyore's bonus and I don't see how a competent GM would want to insist on something like that without it coming from the top. Hell, I hate the guy and his quantity over quality approach and even I don't think he's that stupid.

I never bothered to read the trial thread but I imagine Smell had to mark into evidence a few examples of meddling to include the signing of Christian Ehrhoff (including his daughter tweeting about how much her Dad liked him while he was still playing for Vancouver) and the fact that Darcy stated in his infamous suffering press conference that the extent of the rebuild (and tank) would be determined by ownership.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, SDS said:

Tim doesn’t seem the type to check his ego for writing stories, especially with his new gig, to carry water for anyone.

Well, that's how it read to me. Almost transparently so.

He is a skilled writer. Beyond that, I have an unfavourable opinion of him.

On 7/8/2019 at 12:15 PM, That Aud Smell said:

I find the suggestion that Terry Pegula is hands off with personnel to be eyebrow-arch-inducing. Now, the key word above (from Graham) is "increasingly." That I could buy. We'll see, I reckon.

So do you give Terry credit for the Nylander trade?

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I can't decide is RaKru is the worst nickname ever put forth or the worst nickname ever put forth. It actually takes longer to type than just saying Ralph or Kruger. It sounds like some anime villain, and worse still it keeps appearing in thread titles. 

Of course it comes from the king of crusades, PA. We have the Pegulas Crusade and now the Kruger (yes ik there is an e) nickname crusade. Oh joy. 

You do you and I'll do RaKru.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I can't decide is RaKru is the worst nickname ever put forth or the worst nickname ever put forth. It actually takes longer to type than just saying Ralph or Kruger. It sounds like some anime villain, and worse still it keeps appearing in thread titles. 

Of course it comes from the king of crusades, PA. We have the Pegulas Crusade and now the Kruger (yes ik there is an e) nickname crusade. Oh joy. 

Agree.  I like RFK I think started by @Doohickie.  Easy to remember and can be used when the Sabres are doing well just as easily as easily if they are not.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.