Any interest in the remaining UFA centers?

Sabre fan

Just looking and see there are still some fairly interesting names left out there in UFA...I am sure these guys could be had on a very reasonable contract.

1)  Brian Boyle  had 18 goals, 24 assist 42 points at 2.55M

2)    Derick Brassard had 14 goals 24 assist at 5M

3)  Nick Cousins had 7 goals 27 assist at 1M and is only 26

Do any of these guys seem to fill either the 2nd or 3rd center spot? Boyle is quite good at faceoffs, which is something this team desperately needs after giving away

one of the best. he is also big and plays big which is nice against the physical east.

Here is what is left of free agency...

Screenshot_2019-07-07 Who's left Top remaining unrestricted free agents for the NHL off-season - TSN ca.png

26 minutes ago, freester said:

Not interested. Only hope of acquiring 2nd line C is via trade for Ristolainen packaged with Nylander or other low cost assets 

For who? Excluding ntc that would not come here. 

35 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

And there in lies the problem.... no capable 2Cs are available right now.

I learned a few things during this recent NBA FA period ... one is that every player is essentially a free agent.  Some guy on CBS Sports Radio taught me that last night.

I keep hearing Adam Henriques name come up in trade rumors, not to the Sabres but in general and I've always liked this guy. He seems to be a steady contributor 40-50 point guy, hard worker and he's reliable, seems to never be injured much. I'd love for the Sabres to go after him and he's rumored on the "trade bait" segement on TSN plus I've heard his name rumored in non Sabres trades since last season.

1 hour ago, Eddiegoofball said:

With the arbitrations pending, do the Sabres even have any cap room left?

48 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

no, they don't

Depends how you look at it.  They can be over the cap by ~$8MM in the off-season.  They aren't anywhere close to that.  They'd likely be $1-2MM over after the arbitrations & Larsson are finalized but that can be recouped by sending Sobotka and Elie or Wilson to Ra-cha-cha or by putting Bogosian on BF-LTIR if he isn't ready to go in October (which would effectively not only get them back to the cap but under it).

I do have an interest in Nick Bonino. A 50% faceoff guy who plays two way hockey and can put up 35 pts as a 3rd line center.  2 years left at 4.1 per season would be acceptable risk if the price is low enough.  

I don’t mind creating two scoring lines, one checking and one energy line.

Any center we do get would be a player trade.  Don' t  think we really can add UFA's with our crowded bottom 6.  

We still haven't really fixed our 2nd line, yes we got Mojo but he has been a 3rd liner everywhere else.  And I do like Boyle but we got Larsson already who really is a good 4C. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.