Sabres Signing Marcus Johansson 2 years 4.5 Million AAV

Brawndo

5 hours ago, Curt said:

I get you want the PP to improve, I would like it to better too, but it wasn’t THAT bad last season.  It was average.  It was better than the PP of 15 other teams, including Calgary, Philadelphia, Vegas, Columbus, Nashville.

The PP was near the top of the league both years Bob Wood ran it for Bylsma.  In Housley 's 1st season with the exact same personnel (all 1 season closer to their primes) it started out horrible until midway through the season when they went back to running it the way Wood had run it.

Granted last year it no longer had O'Reilly, but it still had the rest plus the ability to plug in any of Skinner, Sheary, Mittelstadt, or Dahlin who hadn't been available the previous year.  That PP waaaaay under performed and the 2nd unit might as well not even been there. 

It should be near the top of the league and will need to be if they are going to sneak into the playoffs (barring some as yet unmade move to upgrade the top 6; and even then the PP should only be better).

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The PP was near the top of the league both years Bob Wood ran it for Bylsma.  In Housley 's 1st season with the exact same personnel (all 1 season closer to their primes) it started out horrible until midway through the season when they went back to running it the way Wood had run it.

Granted last year it no longer had O'Reilly, but it still had the rest plus the ability to plug in any of Skinner, Sheary, Mittelstadt, or Dahlin who hadn't been available the previous year.  That PP waaaaay under performed and the 2nd unit might as well not even been there. 

It should be near the top of the league and will need to be if they are going to sneak into the playoffs (barring some as yet unmade move to upgrade the top 6; and even then the PP should only be better).

Sabres PP last 4 seasons: 12th, 1st, 20th, 15th.  It really was just the one season that it was anywhere near top of the league.

I don’t think that Sheary or Mittelstadt were weapons on the PP.  I honestly don’t think that Buffalo has had the offensive firepower and skill to expect a top of the league PP.  Sheary, Mittelstadt, and Okposo getting plenty of PP time last season is evidence of this for me.  They were scaring no one on the PP and Buffalo didn’t have better options.

I completely agree with the bolded parts though.

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Well, it would help if you included some context or your opinion, then used the video to back up your opinion.  Or something.

Pay it no mind, she's only Jive Talkin'.

7 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

You don’t get it. It’s. Ok. 

drama queen sigh GIF

I've been a Sabres fan longer than you've been alive.  I get it. 

Edited by Doohickie
My context remark referred to earlier discussion posts in an attempt at self-parody. Never mind.

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

And I do share your concern about only words.  I want to believe, but in the back of my mind, RFK is Harold Hill in The Music Man and we're all being played for suckers.

I get it  I'm still pissed I fell for the "Rex Ryan Effect".

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.