Sabres Signing Marcus Johansson 2 years 4.5 Million AAV

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Huh. That's a solid deal, no? 

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

There's our 2C?

It's a great deal as long as he's not our answer at 2C.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I feel like this guy's a center the way JT Miller is a center the way Sam Reinhart is a center the way Ville Leino is a center

Sir. One of these is not like the others. 

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

There we go. 2c in the bag.

That's the best they could do?

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Yeah, that's my impression.  He plays the left side though; I thought we were okay on the left?

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I feel like this guy's a center the way JT Miller is a center the way Sam Reinhart is a center the way Ville Leino is a center

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

That's the impression I get too, but 2 year term (I know it's for injury reasons) does line up perfectly with when Casey should be ready for that role

Does anyone know which wing side he plays? If it's LW that's a pretty big indication he's our 2C IMO. Plus, if he is, maybe we can get Ehlers now through Risto?

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Sir. One of these is not like the others. 

Yeah I don't mean to compare their quality as players, just the "always listed as a W/C and you shouldn't just pencil them into C and you should try to get an established 2C anyway" type of thing. 

I can't say I know much of anything about Johansson other than I wanted him when the Devils signed him. 

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Does anyone know which wing side he plays?

Shoots left.  Wiki shows him as a Left Wing (not that Wiki is a prime source of hockey info).  Hockey Reference has him listed simply as C/W.  Elite Prospects sez LW.

Edited by Doohickie

I’m fine with him as short term 2c. Give mitts and cozens time to develop. If mitts or say Reinhart beat him out there, great. I wouldn’t stop my pursuit for someone better though. 

If he’s listed as LW idk if that makes sense. We have more than enough LWs 

Edited by Kr632

He broke into the league with the Caps as a center, but his faceoff [attempts] dropped year by year. He's been a winger exclusively the last few seasons.

As for the player, there's the health worry (concussions), but the term is fantastic, the pricetag is good, and he is definitely middle 6. Logjam on the left wing.

Edited by DarthEbriate

Just now, WildCard said:

Yup. Although, he has played every forward position in the NHL, but really only played center when the Caps were stretched pretty thin.

I'll be surprised if this is their answer at 2C.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.