Four Sabres file for Arbitration

Brawndo

I think McCabe is going to get paid if this gets to arbitration.  Zadorov just got a 1 year, $3.2 million deal.  McCabe had the same number of points as Zadorov in 11 fewer games.  I'd like to see a 4 year, 12-13 million deal for McCabe.  I think many under value what McCabe brings to the team.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd say there's like 2% chance any of these make it to arbitration. Interested to see what kind of term they're willing to give McCabe/what he wants. Zads only signed for 1 year so any term for Jake will command more than that. Still wonder if he's a piece of trade bait as well.

Here's to the waiting game.

11 hours ago, Tondas said:

I think McCabe is going to get paid if this gets to arbitration.  Zadorov just got a 1 year, $3.2 million deal.  McCabe had the same number of points as Zadorov in 11 fewer games.  I'd like to see a 4 year, 12-13 million deal for McCabe.  I think many under value what McCabe brings to the team.

Oh my goodness no way.  I'm looking forward to McCabe being in another teams sweater.  We're getting closer. 

He's the exact defenseman the NHL is moving away from.  The goofy, non athletic, no stick handling, non offense producing defenseman who can forecheck.  

23 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Oh my goodness no way.  I'm looking forward to McCabe being in another teams sweater.  We're getting closer. 

He's the exact defenseman the NHL is moving away from.  The goofy, non athletic, no stick handling, non offense producing defenseman who can forecheck.  

So no Will Borgen either?

On 7/5/2019 at 6:32 PM, Tondas said:

If McCabe gets that from arbitration, I will bet you JBot trades him shortly thereafter. 

21 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

If McCabe gets that from arbitration, I will bet you JBot trades him shortly thereafter. 

You may be right.  However, I really think highly of McCabe and think he brings a lot to the Sabres.  Sort of a young Brooks Orpic guy.  His qualifying offer is about 1.8 mil.  I think he's worth 3 mil and he's young enough to warrant a 4 year term.   We need more toughness and grit, 2 of McCabe's qualities.

On 7/6/2019 at 3:32 AM, Tondas said:

I like McCabe to, but I think he will be traded.

Why is McCabe getting voted off the island?  He is the only guy we have that actually plays defense.  He skates fine.  He passes fine and he is positionally sound.  He is also a LHD.  We have an excess of RHD with the acquisition of Miller.

The top 3 who need to go are Hunwick, Bogo and Scandella and at any price.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 2

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why is McCabe getting voted off the island?  He is the only guy we have that actually plays defense.  He skates fine.  He passes fine and he is positionally sound.  He is also a LHD.  We have an excess of RHD with the acquisition of Miller.

I’m not sure what McCabe does better than Bogosian.

Or Scandella for that matter, if you forget about Scandella’s terrible performance last year.

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just wish McCabe could stay healthy as well.  Between him and BOGO, you might get a full season with the two of them put together.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.