PSE in Trademark dispute with NWHL of use of Beauts

SabresBaltimore

2 minutes ago, josie said:

No worries!

The name never had to be controversial. But they chose something that could be. Which just further underlines an issue I have across the pegula creative/design nation- they don't really seem to focus group or think things through too well.

Though I see more people upset that people are offended than actual offended people in the first place. The sensitive folks y'all like to poke fun at were still happy to cheer for the team, buy merch, and support its players, potentially problematic name and league issues aside. 

You'll also get the people who watch the games but don't buy the merch because of what they think is a stupid name.  We saw it first hand with the slug jerseys and then the yellow third.  If you're a business trying to get off the ground floor, that's probably something you want to avoid.  No name will ever be perfect, but they can do better.  They have that chance now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, josie said:

It's probably more to do with inhumane treatment of overheating/overworking the horses/improperly shoeing them on concrete than a super PETA stance (which go too far and give other animal lovers a pretty bad name). Some carriage companies are great about it, others neglect and outright abuse the animals. I don't know anything about the ones in this area- we never had a public carriage horse arrive at our rescue- just lots of racehorses and Amish carriage horses. 

I took notice because I love animals too.   Too me the horses looked beautiful and they looked healthy, as you expect in a lovely tourist town like Niagara On The Lake.  I noticed the pick up area were they stand is in the shade when not on a ride.  I definitely trust Canadians to do this properly.  

As for the protesters, to me there are better causes.  

26 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I took notice because I love animals too.   Too me the horses looked beautiful and they looked healthy, as you expect in a lovely tourist town like Niagara On The Lake.  I noticed the pick up area were they stand is in the shade when not on a ride.  I definitely trust Canadians to do this properly.  

Good to hear. 
It's a visible one due to a couple vids that went viral of NYC carriage horses that passed out in traffic. Controversial topic. 

Yeah, I agree with you- though if there is a well documented issue to whistle blow in that particular case, then protest away. Unfortunately, sometimes protesting/extreme views hurt the overall cause- i.e. peta activists and some of their over the top rhetoric/ideas making all vegans/vegetarians/animal rights people look like woowoo outrage hobbyists. But it's the same with every issue ever. Including the ones discussed in this thread. Which is how I'll rein (heh) this back into being on topic, sorry y'all, you know I can ramble.

• Thanks (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

They think it's bad up there?  Just think of the carriage horses down south.  But hey, the ones in Charleston, SC get beer each day.

the Beauts name always made me think of the Canadian Womens team crushing pilsners and cigars on the ice after the gold medal win.  Definitely the sort of "MVP on the ice AND at the bar" imagery that it means in the context of mens hockey - never had a problem with it 

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Pre- 1994?

Yeah, I think you're right.  Everything changed after Prince Charles admitted his extramarital affair with Camilla Parker Bowles.  I'll never forget that day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.