Andrew Hammond signs with Sabres

Brawndo

10 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Ullmark or Hutton on their way out?

I don't think so.  JBOT has been saying he needs a veteran #3.  Hammond fits this and poses no problem giving up ice time to 6K when he's healthy.

5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Ullmark or Hutton on their way out?

He never played an nhl game.  Last year he played one and year before he played 6.  Since that big playoff push with Ottawa he’s barely even played in the nhl.  Why on earth would signing have any inpact on nhl starts.  Heck upl once healthy will start in roch over him.

5 hours ago, Tondas said:

I don't think so.  JBOT has been saying he needs a veteran #3.  Hammond fits this and poses no problem giving up ice time to 6K when he's healthy.

36 minutes ago, Derrico said:

He never played an nhl game.  Last year he played one and year before he played 6.  Since that big playoff push with Ottawa he’s barely even played in the nhl.  Why on earth would signing have any inpact on nhl starts.  Heck upl once healthy will start in roch over him.

Did you guys not notice who posted the question that you both responded too?

• Like (+1) 1

So I think this is my favorite move from yesterday.  It shores up that #3 goalie spot and allows 6K to focus on Rochester (when he returns) if something happens to Hutton (like an assassination by a fan) or Ullmark.  Hammond's time in the NHL was up and down, but the up was really up.  And it cost next to nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

So I think this is my favorite move from yesterday.  It shores up that #3 goalie spot and allows 6K to focus on Rochester (when he returns) if something happens to Hutton (like an assassination by a fan) or Ullmark.  Hammond's time in the NHL was up and down, but the up was really up.  And it cost next to nothing.

I think I missed something here.  Who in blazes is 6K?

With all the talk of "win now", I'm surprised they're not trying to upgrade between the pipes.   Neither Hutton nor Ullmark are proven starters in this league.   

Everybody thinks they're good enough?  Really?

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I think I missed something here.  Who in blazes is 6K?

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen.  His name has 6 K’s, but it’s a really terrible nickname and I’m never going to use it.

Should just call him Ukko (Finnish Thunder God=badass)

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Curtisp5286 said:

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen.  His name has 6 K’s, but it’s a really terrible nickname and I’m never going to use it.

Should just call him Ukko (Finnish Thunder God=badass)

I agree.  I prefer the nickname 3U.

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

With all the talk of "win now", I'm surprised they're not trying to upgrade between the pipes.   Neither Hutton nor Ullmark are proven starters in this league.   

Everybody thinks they're good enough?  Really?

They're not the best.  Hammond might get a look or two during the season with big club.  I think the goal is to have 3U as the starter coming out of the lockout.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.