Jean-Sébastien Dea Signed by Sabres

Brawndo

Rochester will be getting most of the action today and that is fine. Sabres are not in a position to be good this year but I firmly believe that 2020 is the year we have been waiting for.....it stinks but that #2 Center needs some time in our system. Just fix our crappy bottom 6 so we are watchable again. 

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Did they forget to let Botts know the FA period has opened for the NHL team? Guess he is going to outsmart everyone and ***** Gilmour and Dea before the good teams realize what they are missing by signing NHL players.......

I don't mind that he's not overpaying for anything, but the Amerks are getting "depth" as if they believe the Sabres stand a chance at a deep run and are padding themselves in lieu of injuries.

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Did they forget to let Botts know the FA period has opened for the NHL team? Guess he is going to outsmart everyone and ***** Gilmour and Dea before the good teams realize what they are missing by signing NHL players.......

Wouldn't Randy Sexton be orchestrating these rochester signings?

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

Rochester will be getting most of the action today and that is fine. Sabres are not in a position to be good this year but I firmly believe that 2020 is the year we have been waiting for.....it stinks but that #2 Center needs some time in our system. Just fix our crappy bottom 6 so we are watchable again. 

They aren't in a position to be good cause management continues to neglect the roster and think that they will just automatically become good at some point because the have prospects and development guys. There is no need to waste and throw away seasons waiting.  Trade and sign talent until the prospects force themselves into a roster spot. No one's ever been ruined by spending extra time in the minors. When the prospects make the roster, trade away the vets that were in the way for prospects or picks....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Kyle Okposo was a July 1st signing. I don't need the Sabres doing anything reminiscent. I think any players of consequence will be traded for. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Well, I'm a big fan of any d-man with a French first name.

I trust it's because of the tantalizing upside (and cool ass name) of, who was it, Jean Luc Grandpierre (?!).

He's a centre. 

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think everyone assumed that was your job.

On a more serious note, you understand that in Free Agency, the PLAYERS get to choose where they sign, not the GMs right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.