Jimmy Vesey Traded to Sabres for 3rd in 2021

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Yeah -- I see he's listed as LW in some places, but he played RW for the Rangers last year. But yes, if he's LW -- he's behind Skinner and Olofsson, except Olofsson played RW in his callup last year to get top line fun. I treat wingers like TIE fighters --- just throw 'em wherever. But as a center, I fly in the middle of the formation... preferably within a trench.

Except, Olofsson played LW on the Eichel line.  Housley bumped Skinner off that li e, not Reinhart.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/86308/victor-olofsson

Everywhere has him listed as a winger in general. But I have no idea if he has actually played those positions in the pros

There was a tweet I had in year the other day from a Sabres reporter, Olofsson spent his entire time on the Amerks and in Europe at LW

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Except, Olofsson played LW on the Eichel line.  Housley bumped Skinner off that li e, not Reinhart.

Ach! My bad. I even looked back to give you the ol' "Darth knows best" and there it is... 3/28 L DET (OT) Olofsson - Eichel - Reinhart. So....  yeah, Vesey's a 3rd line LW on this roster.

49 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Yep, a tad bit 

"Jimmy, they're asking for a quote.  Should I say you're 'ecstatic', 'excited', or 'very excited'?"

"Meh, say whatever you want; I'm never playing for them anyway.  You're pushing for another trade, right?"

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

"Jimmy, they're asking for a quote.  Should I say you're 'ecstatic', 'excited', or 'very excited'?"

"Meh, say whatever you want; I'm never playing for them anyway.  You're pushing for another trade, right?"

Ha, you think they even bother to ask the player before making the comment?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

There was a tweet I had in year the other day from a Sabres reporter, Olofsson spent his entire time on the Amerks and in Europe at LW

I was actually hoping Mittelstadt might find some time on LW, but with Skinner, Olofsson, and Sheary looking to be filling up that side, I guess that may be unlikely and maybe Vesey is the one heading to the right side. 

53 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Are you and at least one other trying too hard? On the face of it, the Rangers gave him up for a bag of pucks. The whole offseason so far has been a trip down to the Dollar Store with gramma.

And if you're good you can pick out an off-brand candy bar at the checkout line.

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Is my sarcasm detector broken, or... 

I just woke up and am mad at sports. I do sense Botterill has whiffed hard this offseason. If he trades Risto and doesn’t get an undeniable NHL forward he’s failed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.