Jump to content

Jimmy Vesey Traded to Sabres for 3rd in 2021


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Based on Pi’s theory we should hate Petersen for rejecting us? 

 

I'm not thrilled with Petersen. The Sabres invested quite a bit of time and energy helping him develop while he was in college and LA gets to reap the rewards of that investment.  Had the Sabres ignored him, not put in the development time, and had he not improved to the point where other clubs wanted him there'd have been a better chance the Sabres would still have him and that seems somewhat backwards and wrong.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

That's completely different.   The players don't run the league.... they don't get together form a team and then have a GM draft.     Vesey's case was that of the tail wagging the dog. 

 

Vesey is actually the girl in this analogy.      Nashville courted him for years, beginning years before the 2012 draft where they became engaged....   Nashville began paying for her clothes, make-up, cell phone bill, etc... supporting Mrs Vesey through thick and thin, building a strong relationship based friendship, trust and respect.   

Nashville was eager to tie the knot, but out of respect allowed her to finish her schooling after which she promised to settled down and start a family.   After graduation, David Poile, on bended knee, finally proposed to little miss Jimmy, only to be violently rejected finding himself in a tangled web of lies and deceit.   

 

 

Of course it’s different because of your perspective. Which is it, is Vesey a bad boy because he supposedly lied or is he a bad boy because he is just an asset that had the nerve to use a loophole his superiors created against them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Of course it’s different because of your perspective. Which is it, is Vesey a bad boy because he supposedly lied or is he a bad boy because he is just an asset that had the nerve to use a loophole his superiors created against them?

Vasey is a girl in this story of deceit and betrayal! She just couldn't resist the bright lights of broadway 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What Vesey "did" to Nashville was not cool ...... but it's also not unheard of. Even our beloved Jim Kelly wasn't crazy about Buffalo

https://www.thesportster.com/entertainment/top-15-athletes-that-refused-to-play-for-the-team-that-drafted-them/

I hope (and expect) for Vesey to play one year here and then become a UFA and disappear........ hopefully we can get something more than a 3rd round pick at the deadline. More importantly I hope he doesn't infect "the room". 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Correct. Because opinions that stray from GroupThink have to labeled as trolling, with the requisite PP slap from the higher-ups. Now, if you agree with it — THIS. Or... the thumby-thingie.

I wanted to get back to this.  “Trolling” has a negative connotation, and I get that given how frequently the word is thrown your way, you’d most likely react negatively to the label. But there is trolling, and then there is trolling.

We’ve had our share of posters that just wanted to watch the world burn.  Thankfully, they aren’t here long.  Pi isn’t one of them.  And neither are you.  At worst, Pi’s version of trolling is harmless.  It sure does spark conversation, which is the point of this forum.  And trolling can be productive when it is offered to elicit a genuine idea that isn’t getting consideration.  I think your contributions in this manner are underrated.  The curse of an iconoclast, I guess.

 

It is what it is.  And it is trolling.  I’m ok with it (not that it matters what I am ok with).  And I know I do it frequently enough.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hsif said:

What Vesey "did" to Nashville was not cool ...... but it's also not unheard of. Even our beloved Jim Kelly wasn't crazy about Buffalo

https://www.thesportster.com/entertainment/top-15-athletes-that-refused-to-play-for-the-team-that-drafted-them/

I hope (and expect) for Vesey to play one year here and then become a UFA and disappear........ hopefully we can get something more than a 3rd round pick at the deadline. More importantly I hope he doesn't infect "the room". 

 

 

Or maybe he has matured as a person considering he didn’t set the world on fire with the Rags and is now looking forward to playing with friends Jack and Erod.  He then blossoms here, helps us win and then wants to stay. Like Jim Kelly for example.

Just a thought.

One other note: it’s not like teams don’t do players dirty periodically.  Read up on how the Avs treated native son and Denver product Will Butcher.

 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Question for the day.  Vesey is a Hobey Baker winner.  How many previous Hobey Baker winners have played for the Sabres?

Tom Kurvers

Robb Stauber

Brian Holzinger

Chris Drury

Ryan Miller

Jordan Leopold

Kevin Porter

Jack Eichel

Jimmy Vesey

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tom webster said:

Of course it’s different because of your perspective. Which is it, is Vesey a bad boy because he supposedly lied or is he a bad boy because he is just an asset that had the nerve to use a loophole his superiors created against them?

Nitpick alert: it’s not a loophole when it’s explicitly written into the CBA. They planned for this option.  Van Ryn was a loophole, not this. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2019 at 9:01 PM, Andrew Amerk said:

Out of the 38 Hobey Baker winners, that’s makes him what, the 9th to play for Buffalo?

 

54 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Question for the day.  Vesey is a Hobey Baker winner.  How many previous Hobey Baker winners have played for the Sabres?

?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cascade Youth said:

Right about Vesey being a selfish jerk for choosing the Rangers - after his agent made it clear before Murray wasted a draft pick that Vesey planned to rest the market?

I’d say Pi has less of a chance of being right, actually.  And the entire exercise is a disgrace - remember, his first point in this thread was to express delight that Vesey will be booed on home ice.  Please.

I absolutely believe that pi could be right about Vesey and what he did to Nashville (not to Buff as he didn’t do anything to us.)

7 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Bottom line is what Vesey did to NSH is considered a dick move by the vast majority of players and management.     But I don't expect the average fan to understand that, so be it.    He'll put on a Sabres jersey and everybody will cheer for him...  good for him.    But I guarantee there are players in that locker room whom will not forgive nor forget that he disrespected the league by acting like a spoiled child.

I absolutely believe that there isn’t a single player in the locker room that doesn’t know they are cattle, and don’t hold a single thing against Vesey and what he did to Nashville.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SwampD said:

 

I absolutely believe that there isn’t a single player in the locker room that doesn’t know they are cattle, and don’t hold a single thing against Vesey and what he did to Nashville.

wrong trump GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Weave said:

I wanted to get back to this.  “Trolling” has a negative connotation, and I get that given how frequently the word is thrown your way, you’d most likely react negatively to the label. But there is trolling, and then there is trolling.

We’ve had our share of posters that just wanted to watch the world burn.  Thankfully, they aren’t here long.  Pi isn’t one of them.  And neither are you.  At worst, Pi’s version of trolling is harmless.  It sure does spark conversation, which is the point of this forum.  And trolling can be productive when it is offered to elicit a genuine idea that isn’t getting consideration.  I think your contributions in this manner are underrated.  The curse of an iconoclast, I guess.

 

It is what it is.  And it is trolling.  I’m ok with it (not that it matters what I am ok with).  And I know I do it frequently enough.

Just curious kind sir, what is your definition of trolling? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...