Jimmy Vesey Traded to Sabres for 3rd in 2021

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Not even if he says something like this in his press conference? 

"It's crazy how much can change in 6 months. I know a lot of the guys in the room and I'm really excited to be part of the team."

Vesey didn't leave our team halfway through a season

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I could be wrong, but I believe @LGR4GM's stats are team goals for/against per 60 min, not goals scored by Vesey/Donskoi themselves.

(So it's a big #hammymath-ish to claim that "Donskoi outproduces Vesey" -- but I hope Liger doesn't blow a gasket from that reference.)

Nope, I'm just going to do what I should have done at the draft. 

Just now, Let's Go B-Lo said:

He made the decision that he felt was the best for himself and for his family. I was just seeing how far that line of reasoning would go with people. 

Berglund could have not showed up or refused to come here. He also could've tried to have a NTC or NMC, there were other avenues available to him other than the worst one possible 

Bottom line is what Vesey did to NSH is considered a dick move by the vast majority of players and management.     But I don't expect the average fan to understand that, so be it.    He'll put on a Sabres jersey and everybody will cheer for him...  good for him.    But I guarantee there are players in that locker room whom will not forgive nor forget that he disrespected the league by acting like a spoiled child.

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Bottom line is what Vesey did to NSH is considered a dick move by the vast majority of players and management.     But I don't expect the average fan to understand that, so be it.    He'll put on a Sabres jersey and everybody will cheer for him...  good for him.    But I guarantee there are players in that locker room whom will not forgive nor forget that he disrespected the league by acting like a spoiled child.

Yeah I’d take that bet.  I guarantee no one in that locker room will care if he shows up ready to work.

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Nobody here that thinks what he did was justifiable is less intelligent, nuanced, or experienced than those that don't. It doesn't take a genius to understand the view point that he had leverage afforded to him under his union's CBA and he chose to use that to escape a situation he found unfavorable and one he didn't choose.

I guarantee you literally none of those guys will give a ***** about that

Edited by WildCard

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

What percentage of the players do you think will feel this way?  And will the percentage be higher or lower than the percentage in the Rangers locker room that felt that way?

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

What percentage of the players do you think will feel this way?  And will the percentage be higher or lower than the percentage in the Rangers locker room that felt that way?

It's a number that rhymes with hero.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, WildCard said:

Nobody here that thinks what he did was justifiable is less intelligent, nuanced, or experienced than those that don't. It doesn't take a genius to understand the view point that he had leverage afforded to him under his union's CBA and he chose to use that to escape a situation he found unfavorable and one he didn't choose 

It's not what he did, it's how he did it.   Stringing NSH along.. lying to Poile that he was going to sign, which precluded NSH from trading him before the deadline, and then going back on his word.... just because he had a childhood dream to play for the NYR, and saw a way to do it even it meant disrespecting the process...  the dream of playing the NHL, which NSH had given him by investing resources in his development, wasn't good enough for Jimmy boy. 

And I'll bet dollars to donuts that Vesey landing in BUF is the league's way of righting the ship, sending a message to be heard loud and clear.     And what's Vesey going to do?  Refuse the trade?   He'd never play again.     

Just now, pi2000 said:

It's not what he did, it's how he did it.   Stringing NSH along.. lying to Poile that he was going to sign, which precluded NSH from trading him before the deadline, and then going back on his word.... just because he had a childhood dream to play for the NYR, and saw a way to do it even it meant disrespecting the process...  the dream of playing the NHL, which NSH had given him by investing resources in his development, wasn't good enough for Jimmy boy. 

And I'll bet dollars to donuts that Vesey landing in BUF is the league's way of righting the ship, sending a message to be heard loud and clear.     And what's Vesey going to do?  Refuse the trade?   He'd never play again.     

lol hey man whatever you wanna believe I guess

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

What?

Your theory is that the NHL instructed the Rangers to send Vesey to Buffalo as a punishment for his sin 2 years prior?

Again:  insane.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

aliens.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

I understand what Nat Stat Trick is doing now. It would have been nice to have a discussion as opposed to being belittled by a mod. Here are the stats. Unlike basically every other poster around here, I will admit when I make a mistake. Vesey barely outscored Donskoi this past season. Donskoi outproduces in terms of points Vesey.  Bye. 

Career: 

Donskoi: 0.678 gp60, 2.067pp60

Vesey: 0.851 gp60, 1.530pp60

2018/19 Season

Donskoi: 0.782 gp60, 1.839pp60

Vesey: 0.784gp60, 1.614pp60

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

What?

Your theory is that the NHL instructed the Rangers to send Vesey to Buffalo as a punishment for his sin 2 years prior?

Again:  insane.

I'll admit, that's a bit of a stretch..... but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the league was involved somehow.     

• Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I understand what Nat Stat Trick is doing now. It would have been nice to have a discussion as opposed to being belittled by a mod. Here are the stats. Unlike basically every other poster around here, I will admit when I make a mistake. Vesey barely outscored Donskoi this past season. Donskoi outproduces in terms of points Vesey.  Bye. 

Career: 

Donskoi: 0.678 gp60, 2.067pp60

Vesey: 0.851 gp60, 1.530pp60

2018/19 Season

Donskoi: 0.782 gp60, 1.839pp60

Vesey: 0.784gp60, 1.614pp60

So in conclusion Vesey is a better goal scorer then Donskoi for their career to date. 

I accept your apology. ?

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

As a former player (who turned down an offer to play pro to finish school)

However, what Vesey did to NSH was dishonorable and selfish, and speaks volumes about his character.      He's the kind of guy who steals your girlfriend and feels no remorse about it, because hey...  as long as he get what he wants, then that's all that matters. 

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Bottom line is what Vesey did to NSH is considered a dick move by the vast majority of players and management.     But I don't expect the average fan to understand that, so be it. 

I'd forgotten this grievance -- that Vesey played Nashville. I don't think it's an unreasonable take that Vesey did Nashville dirty -- that he should have been more honest, etc.

The stuff in bold is apt to make people's eyes roll out of their head, though.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

I'll admit, that's a bit of a stretch..... but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the league was involved somehow.     

Vasey's father works for the Maple Leafs! So maybe he, you know, did something. 

And they still traded him? 

On August 20, 2016, Vesey signed with the New York Rangers.[14] After attending the training camp, Vesey received the Lars-Erik Sjöberg Award, which is given to the best Rangers' rookie in the camp.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.