Jimmy Vesey Traded to Sabres for 3rd in 2021

Brawndo

23 minutes ago, Weave said:

He’s trolling. And you took the bait.

13 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Pi being Pi and it seems that many veteran posters took what he said at face value.

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm amazed that people continuously fall for that act.

I'm a vet, and still don't "get it" sometimes. I rejoined, albeit briefly.

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

Right - that's what I should have said. It seems possible that @pi2000 genuinely believes that sort of stuff.

There has to be a bit of both.  Some of it is legit trolling which I don’t even seem to mind. He’s a sabres fan and usually not aggressive or venomous with other posters so whatever. If you engage you know what you’re getting into with Pi ?

11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

It's not trolling if it's genuine.

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Right - that's what I should have said. It seems possible that @pi2000 genuinely believes that sort of stuff.

1 minute ago, Derrico said:

There has to be a bit of both.  Some of it is legit trolling which I don’t even seem to mind. He’s a sabres fan and usually not aggressive or venomous with other posters so whatever. If you engage you know what you’re getting into with Pi ?

His 'hot takes' are so hot that they sizzle and it does not seem to matter the situation he continues to up the temperature of each successive 'hot take'.  So, much so that I can't believe that they are genuine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

His 'hot takes' are so hot that they sizzle and it does not seem to matter the situation he continues to up the temperature of each successive 'hot take'.  So, much so that I can't believe that they are genuine.

Your country didn't elect Donald Trump, so I'll forgive you for this naivete. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, pi2000 said:

It wasn't a financial situation.  The money was the same.   BUF goes out of their way, trading a pick for his rights, and he snubs them even though he hadn't played 1 second of pro hockey.    That says a lot about the young man's character and what his values are.  

"That car salesman went out of his way to cold-call and spam email Jimmy, and he still chose to buy his car elsewhere.  What an amoral DB."

"That skanky meth-head went out of her way to wash her face and take her mom's phone so she could call Jimmy and propose marriage, and he still turned her down.  What a low-character grifter."

"That real estate agent went out of her way to delete the busted plumbing and electrical from the home inspection report before showing it to Jimmy, and he still bought a different house.  I hope he falls off a bridge."

Just now, darksabre said:

Your country didn't elect Donald Trump, so I'll forgive you for this naivete. ?

I laughed and you are right, but certain parts of our country did elect Premiers that are pretty close to that guy you casually mentioned.  The whole country will get our chance in October with the main theme of a certain parties message being an all out effort to convince the country that they are not a bunch of radical racists.  I feel that we are doomed.

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I laughed and you are right, but certain parts of our country did elect Premiers that are pretty close to that guy you casually mentioned.  The whole country will get our chance in October with the main theme of a certain parties message being an all out effort to convince the country that they are not a bunch of radical racists.  I feel that we are doomed.

Welcome to the party! ?

56 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Not a good analogy, but if a comedian came to Buffalo after basically saying it sucked I am betting you would Boo him.

Except Vesey didn’t say Buffalo sucks.  He decided that he wanted to play for the N.Y. Rangers, that’s all.

17 minutes ago, shrader said:

Oh great, we've now gone to not only just politics, but canadian politics.  Thanks a lot pi.

Not only that, but it’s allowed and not deleted in a hockey thread. So if we want to poke fun and generalize about political parties, it’s ok anywhere apparently. ?‍♂️

I wish there was a thread that all political commentary of any kind could be sent to. And political jabs could be kept out of hockey discussions. With posts being deleted and warnings given for mixing politics and sports.

57 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Not aggressive or meant with ill intent.  I’m sure it’s just entertainment.  But it’s still done for reaction.

File this one under, takes one to know one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Not only that, but it’s allowed and not deleted in a hockey thread. So if we want to poke fun and generalize about political parties, it’s ok anywhere apparently. ?‍♂️

I wish there was a thread that all political commentary of any kind could be sent to. And political jabs could be kept out of hockey discussions. With posts being deleted and warnings given for mixing politics and sports.

There is a Politics Club off the main board where all manner of political talk is kept.  It was brought up very casually in this instance by posters who will not take serious political discussion outside of the Politics Club.  If the powers that be ask, I will delete my post, but I don't believe the discussion went wildly into politics.

FYI

Vesey 26 - 240 NHL games 50g, 40a 90 pts - 2018-19 17g 18a 35pts

Sheary 27 - 262 NHL games 62g, 65a 127 pts - 2018-19 14g 20a 34pts

Donskoi 27 - 283 NHL games 44g, 77a 122 pts - 2018-19 14g 23a 37pts

Ferlund 27 - 321 NHL games 59g 70a 129 pts - 2018-19 17g 23a 40 pts.

Acquiring Vesey is almost exactly the same as signing Ferland and Donskoi.

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

FYI

Vesey 26 - 240 NHL games 50g, 40a 90 pts - 2018-19 17g 18a 35pts

Sheary 27 - 262 NHL games 62g, 65a 127 pts - 2018-19 14g 20a 34pts

Donskoi 27 - 283 NHL games 44g, 77a 122 pts - 2018-19 14g 23a 37pts

Ferlund 27 - 321 NHL games 59g 70a 129 pts - 2018-19 17g 23a 40 pts.

Acquiring Vesey is almost exactly the same as signing Ferland and Donskoi.

No it's not. Vesey, based on the info we have, is significantly worse as an all around hockey player. Some have noted that his linemates may factor into it, but I don't think that is the *only* reason he's so bad defensively. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.