Jimmy Vesey Traded to Sabres for 3rd in 2021

Brawndo

I like that he goes to the areas around the crease and can put it in the net.  I think he would do well with a playmaker who can create some danger around the net.  Seems to be a bit of a liability in the defensive end though.  Looks like a guy who could do well on a middle six line that is going to be put in a lot of offensive situations.  

Only signed for one year, but only gave up a 3rd for him, so that’s very reasonable.

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Self entitled, thinks he's better than everyone that came before him and feels he was owed something without even playing a single minute of pro hockey.

Not my kinda guy, but whatever, some folks just don't care about character anymore.

Well, this is insane. 

2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Does anyone not named Freeman really like Vesey as a player? He's a depth scorer who we got for nothing. Whatever. Moving on to hopefully bigger and better things.

You seem to be confusing “low cost addition to a very weak forward group” and “likely better than Sheary” with “I really like him as a player.”

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Still blows my mind people are surprised a young guy in his 20s wants to play in NYC instead of Buffalo. Man, I wonder why he'd choose that?

Careful.  Some people see red when they think about NYC.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Cascade Youth said:

And just because you CAN boo a 26 year-old kid for a financial decision he made for himself several years ago with limited information, doesn’t mean you SHOULD...

It wasn't a financial situation.  The money was the same.   BUF goes out of their way, trading a pick for his rights, and he snubs them even though he hadn't played 1 second of pro hockey.    That says a lot about the young man's character and what his values are.   

Unlike Austin Matthews tho he did go to college and get a degree, so good on him for that.   

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Still blows my mind people are surprised a young guy in his 20s wants to play in NYC instead of Buffalo. Man, I wonder why he'd choose that?

I don't think anything about his situation matters except he "spurned" Buffalo.  He was destined for villany the second he did that. No one cares about the circumstances. 

5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Self entitled, thinks he's better than everyone that came before him and feels he was owed something without even playing a single minute of pro hockey.

Not my kinda guy, but whatever, some folks just don't care about character anymore.

What sort of algorithm are you using to efficiently  string together such awful thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

It wasn't a financial situation.  The money was the same.   BUF goes out of their way, trading a pick for his rights, and he snubs them even though he hadn't played 1 second of pro hockey.    That says a lot about the young man's character and what his values are.   

Unlike Austin Matthews tho he did go to college and get a degree, so good on him for that.   

Bizarre.

It’s a market. He owed the Sabres nothing. He made a decision that, on balance, felt right for him as a person and player.

Should Pi’s destiny be Heaven, he will find himself gliding over perfect ice playing the game he loves with former NHLers and the heroes of his youth.

Should Pi’s destiny be Hell, he will find himself centering Vesey and Matthews.

Edited by Neo
  • Haha (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, Neo said:

Should Pi’s destiny be Heaven, he will find himself gliding over perfect ice playing the game he loves with former NHLers and the heroes of his youth.

Should Pi’s destiny be Hell, he will find himself centering Vesey and Matthews.

Now that is a curse if I've ever read one.. Wow!

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Neo said:

Yes and he will have memorized and be citing each players TRpm.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Have you lost your mind?  He was 23, it was his JOB, and it was his decision to make.

When I was in my 20s I took an offer to work in a law firm in New York, instead of pursuing opportunities with firms in Buffalo.  What a weird world it would be if every time I stepped into the Buffalo Brew Pub, folks turned around and booed me.

You know, I usually don’t make it my concern to convince the last lunatic holdout that the Earth is round - but your take is so deranged and cynical, it’s getting to me.  This franchise has been shrouded in negativity with all that has transpired over the past several years (LaFontaine, O’Reilly, Lehner, there has been so much), one of the last things we need is a segment of twisted fans booing a 26 year-old kid who happens to be Jack’s buddy and a pending UFA, and who will be wearing the uniform trying to help this wretched organization win games..,

In short - you need to check yourself.  All of this says a lot more about your character than Jimmy Vesey’s - it’s just entertainment dude.

Edited by Cascade Youth
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cascade Youth said:

Have you lost your mind?  He was 23, it was his JOB, and it was his decision to make.

When I was in my 20s I took an offer to work in a law firm in New York, instead of pursuing opportunities with firms in Buffalo.  What a weird world it would be if every time I stepped into the Buffalo Brew Pub, folks turned around and booed me.

You know, I usually don’t make it my concerns to convince the last lunatic holdout that the Earth is round - but your take is so deranged and cynical, it’s getting to me.  This franchise has been shrouded in negativity with all that has transpired over the past several years (LaFontaine, O’Reilly, Lehner, there has been so much), one of the last things we need is a segment of twisted fans booing a 26 year-old kid who happens to be Jack’s buddy and a pending UFA, and who will be wearing the uniform trying to help this wretched organization win games..,

In short - you need to check yourself.  All of this says a lot more about your character than Jimmy Vesey’s - it’s just entertainment dude.

Not a good analogy, but if a comedian came to Buffalo after basically saying it sucked I am betting you would Boo him.

4 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

You know, I usually don’t make it my concern to convince the last lunatic holdout that the Earth is round - but your take is so deranged and cynical, it’s getting to me.  This franchise has been shrouded in negativity with all that has transpired over the past several years (LaFontaine, O’Reilly, Lehner, there has been so much), one of the last things we need is a segment of twisted fans booing a 26 year-old kid who happens to be Jack’s buddy and a pending UFA, and who will be wearing the uniform trying to help this wretched organization win games..,

He’s trolling. And you took the bait.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.