Jimmy Vesey Traded to Sabres for 3rd in 2021

Brawndo

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I think holding a nonsensical grudge is pathological, not fun. 

hannibal lecter horror GIF

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I think holding a nonsensical grudge is pathological, not fun. 

But for real: it’s nonsensical no doubt. I think my anger with this move is more towards GMJB than anything. I don’t like Vesey the player.

51 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

IMHO, Vesey is still a little bitch, I hope he gets booed on home ice.

I'll probably change the channel every time he steps on the ice.

That’s quite the temper tantrum there. Someone needs a nap. I bet no one boos. And I bet you never change the channel especially when he steps on the ice. Why? Because you want to be super critical of his every shift. So my guess is you’ll watch every savory minute with bated breath waiting for him to make mistakes. Then race to this hockey forum to make it known how much you hate him. Is this about accurate? ?

i personally have moved on (about 3 days afterwards) from the whole “he’s such a jerk for not picking us a few years ago”. It’s very “low self esteem-ish” IMO. I hope Vesey does well. Very well. It would only help the team overall if he does. 

I have vicariously enjoyed this thread for it’s full entertainment value without having had the time to completely digest the ramifications......

*faaaaaart*

Seriously though. He’s better than some of the other scrubs. I’m guessing the kid is going to be humbled. No need to pile on I reckon.....

or do I?

• Haha (+1) 1

Vesey is the Sheary of this off-season. 

Both 26 when brought in, both with 3 seasons of NHL experience. Sheary came in with 48 NHL goals, Vesey coming in with 50. 

Some of us hoped for 20-30 goals from Sheary on a 2nd line role. Guessing some of us hoping for the same from Vesey. 

Still waiting to see our Skinner deal of this off-season, personally. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Hoss said:

hannibal lecter horror GIF

But for real: it’s nonsensical no doubt. I think my anger with this move is more towards GMJB than anything. I don’t like Vesey the player.

Does anyone not named Freeman really like Vesey as a player? He's a depth scorer who we got for nothing. Whatever. Moving on to hopefully bigger and better things.

Self entitled, thinks he's better than everyone that came before him and feels he was owed something without even playing a single minute of pro hockey.

Not my kinda guy, but whatever, some folks just don't care about character anymore.

12 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Self entitled, thinks he's better than everyone that came before him and feels he was owed something without even playing a single minute of pro hockey.

Not my kinda guy, but whatever, some folks just don't care about character anymore.

You’re a mess.  Some 23 year-old made a life decision you disagree with.  Get over it.

Edited by Cascade Youth
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I don't know, the rules set forth by an organization of professional hockey teams dictate that he had, in fact, earned free agency.

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Rather than playing Vesey in a top 6 role, I'd rather accept we didn't get our true top 6 wing addition and see something like:

Skinner - Eichel - Olofsson

Mittelstadt - TRADE - Reinhart

Sheary - Rodrigues - Vesey

It's still totally salvageable IF we get that TRADE done in a very real way. 

Mittelstadt will center. We have other LWs. 

Over the last 2 seasons combined, he has 1 less even strength goal than Reinhart, and did that in 4 less games (and also with less ice time per game at even strength)

He has less PP goals than Reinhart, but the rangers also gave him about 1/2 the pp ice time Sam got.

Vesey would appear to have a lot less upside than Reinhart...but with an extra minute or two ice time per game...and a regular spot on the PP.....it wouldn't be out of the question to see him put up 20-25 goals based on past performance.

31 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

I don't know, the rules set forth by an organization of professional hockey teams dictate that he had, in fact, earned free agency.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

8 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

OK, so we're going to take the attitude that it's OK that he's here on a one year contract and that we don't seem to mind that he chose to not play here when faced with the same situation already once in his career? 

giphy.gif

Jimmy's gonna rent, not buy.

If he's worth keeping, but doesn't want to sign, we deal him at the deadline

6 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

He made the right decision. Get that $

7 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

1. If he's worth keeping that means he's scoring a bunch of goals. If he's scoring a bunch of goals presumably the team is doing better and is possibly in contention. Deal him for what?

2. The money was literally the same anywhere he went. It was governed by ELC rules.

1. You're assuming he won't want to sign with us if we're a contender. Implicit in my response was the team isn't doing well.

2. I still think he made the right choice, $ aside. Have fun when you're young

Edit: he's not on an ELC, is he?

Edited by erickompositör72

Krueger’s biggest challenge will be getting him to realize there is an additional 100 feet of ice that he has responsibilities in. 

Botterill referring to him as a Top Nine Forward gives me hope that he will be slotted on the 3rd Line. 

Couldn't find a highlight reel from this past season but I like what I see here from him...it's been said up-thread but his 17 goals puts him behind all sabres not named Jack, Jeff or Sam last year...at the cost of a 3rd round pick and the knowledge that bringing him in means someone else has to be moved out makes me like this trade.

I don't understand how people can be upset by him not signing here when we trade for his rights. It was a dumb move by Murray and he had zero obligation to this team. If I'm fresh out of college set to make millions of dollars you bet your ass I'm going somewhere like NYC over Buffalo if I have that choice. Hell, I made that choice (minus the millions of dollars part).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.