Jimmy Vesey Traded to Sabres for 3rd in 2021

Brawndo

In his three NHL seasons,  Vesey has 16, 17 and 17 goals playing with centers such as Namestnikov or Strome.  Not exactly Eichel or even the upside of Mittelstadt or even a playmaker of Reinhart’s class.

I think he’ll score 20+ with Mitts. If he plays with Jack or Sam he will score 25 and maybe 30.  

Jbot was serious about finding more scorers for this team and Vesey is a goal scorer.  He isn’t Skinner, but we also aren’t paying him $9 mill to be Skinner.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/players/jimmy-vesey

Interesting, it looks like Vesey has played basically no LW the last two seasons. Did Botterill make it seem like he'd play LW here? Seeing as he's played almost entirely right wing, I do think he could be Botterill's answer to our top-6 RW need. 

Me too, and that's a pretty nauseating thought. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

In his three NHL seasons,  Vesey has 16, 17 and 17 goals playing with centers such as Namestnikov or Strome.  Not exactly Eichel or even the upside of Mittelstadt or even a playmaker of Reinhart’s class.

I think he’ll score 20+ with Mitts. If he plays with Jack or Sam he will score 25 and maybe 30.  

Jbot was serious about finding more scorers for this team and Vesey is a goal scorer.  He isn’t Skinner, but we also aren’t paying him $9 mill to be Skinner.

If he plays with Mitts next season they'll get caved defensively. Caved. 

• Like (+1) 1

Rather than playing Vesey in a top 6 role, I'd rather accept we didn't get our true top 6 wing addition and see something like:

Skinner - Eichel - Olofsson

Mittelstadt - TRADE - Reinhart

Sheary - Rodrigues - Vesey

It's still totally salvageable IF we get that TRADE done in a very real way. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Me too, and that's a pretty nauseating thought. 

Life is full of these.

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

IMHO, Vesey is still a little bitch, I hope he gets booed on home ice.

I'll probably change the channel every time he steps on the ice.

I wish I had your level of desire....

Is it a bad thing that I just don’t give a *****?

24 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

IMHO, Vesey is still a little bitch, I hope he gets booed on home ice.

I'll probably change the channel every time he steps on the ice.

I think the fans should brutally boo him in game one then cheer him like crazy in game two. Show him we don’t soon forget the ***** he pulled but then show him how we treat our own.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think the fans should brutally boo him in game one then cheer him like crazy in game two. Show him we don’t soon forget the ***** he pulled but then show him how we treat our own.

How about we just ghost the dude? It’s not like he’ll be here all that long.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

What is wrong with people? He didn't pull anything. He was pretty clear about his intentions in Nashville before the trade and simply stayed the course. 

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Dude.  

ashton kutcher tattoo GIF

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

What is wrong with people? He didn't pull anything. He was pretty clear about his intentions in Nashville before the trade and simply stayed the course. 

Sports are fun and we should all have fun.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I don't get the hate either.  He was going to test all the teams as a free agent whether or not GMTM traded for his "rights".

What am I missing?

On that note, if JB believes in this guy, shouldn't he re-sign him this summer? Playing him with say Eichel all year and bumping up his value before his UFA pay day seems a little short-sighted. Couldn't sign Skinner right away I guess, but I'd rather not let Jack do similar with Jimmy as he did with Jeff and Sam, if I had my say. 

Low-risk Skinner trade, paid big later

Low-risk Reinhart bridge, paying big later

Low-risk Vesey add, ?

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.