Jimmy Vesey Traded to Sabres for 3rd in 2021

Brawndo

Just now, tom webster said:

Exactly. It’s two hours into free agency and I like what they’ve done so far. Let everyone fill their cap space, grab value guys before the others are ready to work on that part of their roster.

Two top six forwards are coming.

We didn’t grab any value guys. Just because they signed $700K deals doesn’t mean they’re “value.” It just means they’re not NHL players.

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

We didn’t grab any value guys. Just because they signed $700K deals doesn’t mean they’re “value.” It just means they’re not NHL players.

Value AHL guys, I guess.

Dea (C), Gilmour (D), Hammond (G)

Edited by Thorny

25 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Exactly. It’s two hours into free agency and I like what they’ve done so far. Let everyone fill their cap space, grab value guys before the others are ready to work on that part of their roster.

Two top six forwards are coming.

Nope

Let's hope.

Really thought they'd fill one of the 2 slots that need to be filled on the 2nd line via FA and the other by trade.  Hoping Vesey isn't one of those 2.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Let's hope.

Really thought they'd fill one of the 2 slots that need to be filled on the 2nd line via FA and the other by trade.  Hoping Vesey isn't one of those 2.

I think Vesey is the winger. The only big trade chip is Risto so I'm guessing he's sent out for the 2C if he's moved. Botterill said Top 9 re: Vesey, so..

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I think Vesey is the winger. The only big trade chip is Risto so I'm guessing he's sent out for the 2C if he's moved. 

Agree. I hope Botterill takes his time trades don't need to be made now.

13 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

So based on the bottom quote he was trying to fill a specific need with Vesey/who they were pursuing in FA, and we knew he was looking for a top-6 C and W, right? So Vesey is probably that winger. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.