Jimmy Vesey Traded to Sabres for 3rd in 2021

Brawndo

Just now, klos1963 said:

Choosing NYR over the Sabres means he hadn't grown up?

Poorly worded - I meant more the appeal of a big city to go partying in may have been more attractive 3 years ago and he is less bothered by that now. Just speculating as to reasonable things that could mean his reasons for rejecting us the first time around aren't true now

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Trettioåtta said:

Poorly worded - I meant more the appeal of a big city to go partying in may have been more attractive 3 years ago and he is less bothered by that now. Just speculating as to reasonable things that could mean his reasons for rejecting us the first time around aren't true now

I think your implication was obvious, and someone was just picking a fight ?

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

the write-up at diebytheblade provided some context on his linemates, and how his performance improved away from certain players (who are dumpster fires defensively).

Are you and at least one other trying too hard? On the face of it, the Rangers gave him up for a bag of pucks. The whole offseason so far has been a trip down to the Dollar Store with gramma.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

At best, a 3rd round pick in 2021 will be an NHL player of Vesey's caliber in....2025/6. I just can't imagine caring at all. 

At best is definitely not true; it's likely but not definite. And it's another asset we could have used elsewhere 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Are you and at least one other trying too hard? On the face of it, the Rangers gave him up for a bag of pucks. The whole offseason so far has been a trip down to the Dollar Store with gramma.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

It's an underwhelming addition, by any measure.

I was simply pointing out that there's analysis to suggest that he can be adequate defensively if paired with a more responsible line mate. Damning with faint praise, if anything.

Just now, WildCard said:

At best is definitely not true; it's likely but not definite. And it's another asset we could have used elsewhere 

Well, like I saw posted somewhere (here or Twitter).  He's going into UFA the following season.  If he commands more as a trade during the season and the Sabres flip him for better assets, then does it matter?

The game isn't over today. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Actually, the likely outcome is that pick doesn't have a meaningful NHL career. 

He's just saying it's not certain the 3rd will end up with an inferior career. Even though that's the most likely case. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.