Jimmy Vesey Traded to Sabres for 3rd in 2021

Brawndo

I like this trade. A solid 3rd line guy to put up 30-40 points and still young enough in the league to progress. So far this has been a solid offseason by Jbotts. We are a better team now then we were at the end of the season with no free agents yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Trettioåtta said:

There are 180 top 6 forwards in this league. Vesey was 167th. He is a classic middle 6 forward, not bottom 6

He shouldn't be on the second line. 

Call it middle 6 all you want, I'll just say third line. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Not on this team.

right.

and he's not going to be on the 4th line - at least he should not be given how "fun" his style of play apparently is - so he's middle 6. hopefully getting cushy minutes on a 3rd line, scoring 15+ per year and not giving up too much in his own end.

so, a more offensively minded dixon ward?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

25 year old winger who just had 17 goals. If this was anyone besides someone who spurned us earlier, we'd all be excited about this

Spurned though?  As I just tweeted at Harrington.

Vesey had the option to choose between wings or pizza.  He chose pizza.  It doesn't mean he hates wings, he just preferred pizza.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Cheap depth scorer added for a single peanut. We needed more cheap depth, so it works for me...unless we don't get another legit winger. Vesey can't be the answer. 

I need to see the full picture before I crap all over anything.  We've seen absolutely nothing so far.  That depth piece may look so much better if they can find that 2C.

1 minute ago, LTS said:

Spurned though?  As I just tweeted at Harrington.

Vesey had the option to choose between wings or pizza.  He chose pizza.  It doesn't mean he hates wings, he just preferred pizza.

You “converse” AND follow Harrington? May I ask ... um, why?

2 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

I don't disagree entirely. But a 35 point player on your third line is what 120 point teams have, not 95 point teams

So there was only 1 35 point third liner in the league last season? Is this what you are saying with this post?

19 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

Cheap at least. Someone has to be on the move right? Only so many third line players a team can have...

Vesey can't escape the pull of the Sabres

If Vesey only knew the power of the 3rd round pick. (We have a new one each year... we can keep him -- or get him back -- forever!)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.