Terry tells AP it's time to start winning

PASabreFan

20 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I get the public speaking criticism. Terry Pegula is not a charismatic public speaker, which is plain to see. Which I see as an extension of his general social awkwardness. And I don't point out these traits to be critical, but merely objective.

In fact, I admire Mr. Pegula's lack of PR polish. I know it does not represent well in our late-capitalism culture of manicured messaging and monetization, but I prefer his unrehearsed, sometimes ill-prepared candor. He's sincere, straightforward, and far more authentic than most sports franchise owners I've met. That MIGHT mean something for long-term organizational culture-building (provided we can all forgive them for hiring Rex--still working on a Sabres parallel--which MIGHT be more the unfortunate result of believing in Russ Brandon's acumen and influence (and penchant for vapid hype)). 

Mistakes have been made. Maybe the owners are learning from those errors. Hopefully they are. I believe from my limited perspective that the organization(s) are more cohesive and competent now than they were before the sale(s). 

I actually think that the only time I trusted the way the Sabres were run under the Pegulas was when Lindy and Darcy were still here.

2 minutes ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

I actually think that the only time I trusted the way the Sabres were run under the Pegulas was when Lindy and Darcy were still here.

Even that was extremely short lived as they decided late in that season coming out of the lockout to implement the tank.

Personally, I am expect that now that Brandon is gone that things should get better.  (And no, they didn't get Brandon until after they bought the Bills, but he was determined to be better than Black, so ...)

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Says the STH letter from a few yrs ago. Smh

But this time they are SERIOUS. I mean look at all the mediocre talent they're beginning to stockpile. I bet 1 of the new people will even contribute to a victory here and there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.