Cozens injures thumb in scrimmage

PASabreFan

32 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

It's his top hand which is much worse.   Probably 2 months minimum... hopefully he's recovered by training camp.

Such an odd injury on that play.  

Only silver lining is it’s nothing to do with knee/leg so he can keep up skating.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

It's his top hand which is much worse.   Probably 2 months minimum... hopefully he's recovered by training camp.

Such an odd injury on that play.  

Is odd though if thumb pinned probably quicker depending on pain or ache tolerance.  

3 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Is odd though if thumb pinned probably quicker depending on pain or ache tolerance.  

Even if he can tolerate the pain, grip strength will be an issue...  He's young tho, should recover quickly.   

Just would rather they go the cautious route, so it's not something that bothers him all season.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

2-3 months for Cozens. ?

Because Buffalo. 

Tired of the "because Buffalo" mantra.... he needs another year of juniors anyway, this is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Tired of the "because Buffalo" mantra.... he needs another year of juniors anyway, this is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I guess we'll have to wait and see on ligament damage and the long term affects of this injury. Apparently it's ligament/tendon damage, that's the reason it's such a long recovery timeline. 

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, end of August or end of September. 

At least he won't miss any games, though losing an entire off season of full upper body work is diappointing.

Early september - early October I guess. Junior season starts end of september so he could miss. He also misses all the juniors related camps/prospect games this summer, hope it doesn't cost him his WJC spot. 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Losing your D1 offseason is not nothing.  He needs to be hitting the gym for all exercise he still can.  Keep that skating up.  Summer after the draft is obviously a big time for these kids to start getting stronger and working with their first pro level training staff.  He’s coming from Yukon and Lethbridge.  I was anxious to see if the sabres pro staff could really promote his development.  

Injury is a hand so I wouldn’t think it would be something that lingers long term.  But I had cozens penciled in for oct 2020.  Now with only one real offseason before then it makes things more difficult.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.