Sign in to follow this  
Hoss

2019-20 Sabres Prospects

Edited by LGR4GM

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Nothing we can do about it now Liger

I know. But as I was told several times that I don't know what I am talking about in regards to drafting, I figured what the hell, why not mention it. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I know. But as I was told several times that I don't know what I am talking about in regards to drafting, I figured what the hell, why not mention it. 

While I respect your opinion and in depth analysis, a guy tearing up the OHL is hardly vindication. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Who was it in the '84-'85 season that had 66?

As to Robertson.  The Sabres didn’t have a second rd pick.  He went 53rd to the Leafs. When you go 53rd it means most teams in the NHL past on you once and sometimes twice.  It’s not like he was a sure fire 1st rd pick or talent.

I went back and looked at my draft list.  I had Robertson 32nd.  Behind Kaliyev, Pinto and Brink. If the Sabres had gone with a forward at 31, my guess is that they would have grabbed one of those three ahead of Robertson.  It will be interesting to see how smallish Robertson does once he starts playing Pro hockey.

As to Robertson, other forward vs Johnson; Johnson was not a left field pick.  He was 40th on my board with 1st rd grades from many of the analysts I follow, including the hockey news and McKeens. Robertson was ranked significantly behind Johnson on both of those lists.  

Without a 2nd rd pick and given the higher ranked forwards that slipped in the draft, Robertson was never going to be a Sabres unless he fell into the 3rd rd.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I hope he doesn't end up like the 2 players from 84-85 season that scored 66g. One never made the NHL and the other played a total of 78gms with four different teams and only had 18g/36pts total. I actually remember him playing for Boston (played 15gms for them), recognized the name right away (Mike Millar). The other player was Graeme Bonar.

Waivers is probably a poor choice of words. It’s not the ones that people will think when seeing that word

On 2/7/2020 at 8:06 AM, LGR4GM said:

and I wanted to draft Draisaitl but unfortunately we don't work for them, we just have to live with their choices. 

On 2/7/2020 at 9:46 AM, WildCard said:

Nothing we can do about it now Liger

Except remind us over and over and over and over.  

On 2/14/2020 at 2:31 AM, PerreaultForever said:

and I wanted to draft Draisaitl but unfortunately we don't work for them, we just have to live with their choices. 

Nope.  You should post here weekly about how much smarter you are than all the scouts.  

Cozens continues to be a force and Pekar looks good. The real question is what forwards we add to this group in June.