2019-20 Sabres Prospects

Hoss

Huglen suffered a back injury, and it took him out for almost two full years to recover. To have complications like that at 18 and 19 years old is heartbreaking, and there were serious questions if he could return to his previous form. On Jan. 4th of this year, he returned to play for the Fargo Force of the USHL and has scored five goals and 10 points in 11 games since. This is a story of a person that never gave up.

I will dive into Huglen’s journey since being drafted, explain his recovery process and why he has NHL potential in the future. Everybody is rooting for this kid to succeed. Let’s talk about why.

His Recovery From The Back Injury

In an article with Ryan Kennedy of The Hockey News, Hughlen opened up about how the injury occurred.

“I was doing a lift, and I felt my back slip as I was doing it,” Huglen said. “Right away, I didn’t realize the severity of it — I thought it was just a pulled muscle in my back.” (from “Buffalo Pick Returns After 20-Month Odyssey” – The Hockey News – 01/21/21)

https://thehockeywriters.com/sabres-prospects-watch-winger-aaron-huglen/

Huglen had surgery! Just sayin. 

On 4/30/2021 at 3:32 PM, LGR4GM said:

Eric Portillo will be taking over as starting GT for Michigan. There was some concern that Strauss would stay for his senior year limiting the number of games Portillo started.

Holy terrible name Batman 

On 5/16/2021 at 10:03 PM, SwampD said:

He’s going to waltz his way into the NHL.

Also Sprach SwampD

Sorry for being such a Richard about it.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Jacque Richard?

Richard Strauss.  SwampD's pun was on the name Strauss referred to the composer Johann Strauss, "The Waltz King".  My reply referred to the unrelated composer Richard Strauss, who wrote the Tone Poem Also Sprach Zarathustra.

35 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Richard Strauss.  SwampD's pun was on the name Strauss referred to the composer Johann Strauss, "The Waltz King".  My reply referred to the unrelated composer Richard Strauss, who wrote the Tone Poem Also Sprach Zarathustra.

nerds GIF

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I understood the reference, but was giving a Sabres context. 😎

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.