Everything about the 2020-2021 Sabres. Will they finally be good by then?

sabresparaavida

On 6/27/2019 at 4:42 PM, Zamboni said:

PHam does not “have the pulse” of management. Why would someone think this? No. Seriously. Why? 

Can you come up with one (two if you must) word to describe Paul freaking Hamilton?

i can ... Gaslighter

The second underline explains my answer to the first underline.  My impression of PHam is that his gaslighting seems to have the tacit blessing of management because they never contradict him and tend to eventually do what the gaslighting would lead you to believe that management to do.  I feel like he sets us up to be amenable to what management wants to do.  JMO.

On 6/27/2019 at 4:42 PM, Zamboni said:

PHam does not “have the pulse” of management. Why would someone think this? No. Seriously. Why? 

Can you come up with one (two if you must) word to describe Paul freaking Hamilton?

i can ... Gaslighter

This is a great post. Seriously. He is the real Wormtongue.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thinking about the cap beyond next season.  With the acquisitions of Miller and Johansson we now have 8 players signed for 2020-21 in the 2 new guys plus Jack, Jeff, KO, Risto, Dahlin and Hutton.  McCabe and ERod will likely get multi year deals when they sign bringing our signed for 2020-21 to at least 10

RFAs will be expensive - Reinhart, Montour, Mitts, plus Thompson Olofsson and Pilut.

That's 16 guys for the roster.  Now add kids under contract - Nylander, Asplund, Routsalainen, Borgen plus possibly UPL and Cozens are you are nearly to a complete roster.

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just thinking about the cap beyond next season.  With the acquisitions of Miller and Johansson we now have 8 players signed for 2020-21 in the 2 new guys plus Jack, Jeff, KO, Risto, Dahlin and Hutton.  McCabe and ERod will likely get multi year deals when they sign bringing our signed for 2020-21 to at least 10

RFAs will be expensive - Reinhart, Montour, Mitts, plus Thompson Olofsson and Pilut.

That's 16 guys for the roster.  Now add kids under contract - Nylander, Asplund, Routsalainen, Borgen plus possibly UPL and Cozens are you are nearly to a complete roster.

Yep.  Getting very close to the point where the bulk of moves that get made are honest to goodness hockey trades.  And soon after that we'll be seeing deals moving midtier guys out to be replaced by cheaper youth to keep "the core" intact.

Finally close to some light at the end of the tunnel.  (Hopefully not another freight train.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.