Pick #31 Ryan Johnson Defenseman

Brawndo

1 minute ago, spndnchz said:

Ryan Johnson

Yea, it was in my thread you deleted. 

Dumb pick impo. Way too high forward talent available to do this. Just dumb. Reminds me of when they took Samuelsson but this is worse. Nothing against Johnson but other options are better. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, triumph_communes said:

Why are you all crying about position when these guys are at least 2-3 years out?

We have forwards locked up for a while, this kid is going to be an important part of the future. 

Because you draft BPA and he's not it. 

Just now, #freejame said:

Can someone tell me why I shouldn’t be pissed they didn’t take Kaliyev or Brink?

No I can't. Add Hoglander and Robertson to that too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Nice job Botterill....I did not think you can make the worst trade in hockey history any worse.....and now I stand corrected.  It may now be the worst trade in all of professional sports....any sport!   Not happy!

Yup. Should have swung for the fences but took a 4/5 defender. 

"Very skilled skater with good hockey sense and compete-level. Not a physical player, Johnson relies on his way of reading the game. Not too flashy either, when he is not skating with the puck, but a solid defender and a good team player. " (EP 2019)

2 minutes ago, MillerVaive said:

Brendan Guhle skater huh? Cool. Maybe down the road we can trade Johnson for another defenseman. j/k

I'll be honest i dont know much about Ryan other than there were plenty of forwards i would've thought we'd choose instead

Don’t feel bad.  There will be a ton of overreactions but 2 percent of the people posting have actually watched in depth game tape.  

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Just a lazy pick

Liger.  What does this even mean?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.