Pick #7 Dylan Cozens (C)

Hoss

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Yupppp. But Cozens will develop physically and mentally while not having to deal with nhl pressure. It was the right move. 

What excites me the most, is even with a broken thumb he was able to put on eight pounds and lose two percent body fat between development camp and the prospects tournament. Imagine what he will do with an entire year in the WHL. 

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

What excites me the most, is even with a broken thumb he was able to put on eight pounds and lose two percent body fat between development camp and the prospects tournament. Imagine what he will do with an entire year in the WHL. 

What was he supposed to do, sit around and twiddle his thumbs?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I was thinking last night our top 6 next year could be 

Olofsson - Eichel - Reinhart

Skinner - Cozens - Johansson

Our bottom six

I like Vesey and Mittelstadt together, another  year of Mittelstadt getting stronger should make this a solid line.  Just need to find a scoring UFA middle six RW.

Vesey   -  Mittelstadt  -  ........

Girgensons - Larsson - Okposo   ( If Zemgus and Larry keep performing like this, give them a 3 - 5 year deal please)

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Our bottom six

I like Vesey and Mittelstadt together, another  year of Mittelstadt getting stronger should make this a solid line.  Just need to find a scoring UFA middle six RW.

Vesey   -  Mittelstadt  -  ........

Girgensons - Larsson - Okposo   ( If Zemgus and Larry keep performing like this, give them a 3 - 5 year deal please)

Vesey will probably be one and done with the Sabres, Tyler Toffoli is near the top of my offseason UFA List 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

next year UFA class for RW is pretty ?

On top of my list would be Jesper fast for a bottom 6 role.   

Maybe Nichuskin if he finally gets it together.   Toffoli will be overpaid and someones Okposo 2.0.

We really need to trade for our RW problem. Hopefully that’s the move once Monty returns. 

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

rather keep Vesey, he is faster. Toffoli is really slow.    

Disagree

Toffoli is a better all around player then Vesey and is only 13 months older. 

He also doesn’t have Okposo’s Concussion History which contributed to his decline more than anything.

Heres’s a comparison between Vesey and Toffoli. 

But as you mentioned, his contract demands will be the determining variable. 

795CEE6C-246B-498F-B9B2-F919C2D1C471.png

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.