Pick #7 Dylan Cozens (C)

Hoss

43 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

source.gif

Agree in principle but if Cozens goes back then there seems no justification for Mitts being up last season or this for that matter based on performance. I'm not bashing Mitts at all but Cozens seems more ready than him.

51 minutes ago, inkman said:

I'm also tired of ruining prospects 

I don't think this is a thing. It's a trope here but I don't buy it. Either you have the talent to rise to the occasion or you don't. 

If a player like Cozens is simply too good to go back to juniors you really don't have a choice but to keep him here and let him suffer the grind. 

If there's anything that ruins prospects it's these stupid rules that don't let them play in the AHL. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, pi2000 said:

Same cannot be said for Mittlestadt.

Yeah, Mittelstadt's actually slowed down and his problems are in his head, not his hands.

Either way, if Johansson is playing 2C, then Cozens is battling for 3C, which I don't think is too daunting of a task for an 18yo who plays like he does.  Will be interesting to see how he does tonight with/against NHLers

Glad to see that Cozens is looking good already but now I’m very concerned that one scenario was to go with Mitts as 2C.  

I read that Mitts spent a lot of time getting stronger this offseason so I had hoping to see that translate to better play.  If that does not happen then we could be in for another season of hockey hell. 

I really want to start winning.  No doubt we are far behind Toronto, Tampa, Boston and now Florida is rising. This rebuild is taking forever.  

Edited by Pimlach

3 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Yeah, Mittelstadt's actually slowed down and his problems are in his head, not his hands.

Either way, if Johansson is playing 2C, then Cozens is battling for 3C, which I don't think is too daunting of a task for an 18yo who plays like he does.  Will be interesting to see how he does tonight with/against NHLers

Mittlestadt looks completely out of sync.   Sometimes it takes time to get your touch back after a summer of strength training.    That said, Id still send him to Roch... call him up onlywhen he shows he's too good for that league.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.