Pick #7 Dylan Cozens (C)

Hoss

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

I have in my possession the single greatest gif ever made but it’s highly NSFW.

Let’s just say I’ll never look at Spider-Man or his web the same way ever again.

Uhmmm...is Spider-Man giving a crusty mummy?...I don’t know as though I want to see that one....

1 hour ago, millbank said:

You are right.  It is good.  Thanks for posting it.

The Yukon is just beautiful.

+++++

On a separate note ... what do you think will happen with the Marner situation?

25 minutes ago, Hoss said:

If we get Ryan Smith but with consistent point production I’d be satisfied.

The beauty of Eichel is Mitts and Cozens have the opportunity to be sheltered going forward.  If either turn out to be a decent top line centre (especially one who is well rounded like Cozens sounds) we are laughing.  Get Stasney or someone on a two year deal that can fill in until those young guys are ready. 

11 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You are right.  It is good.  Thanks for posting it.

The Yukon is just beautiful.

+++++

On a separate note ... what do you think will happen with the Marner situation?

The most recent is Leafs offering $10 million for 8 years. Marner wants that at 5 years. They are going to wait see if offer sheet comes their way. If not look for a long contract fight similar to Nylander 

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, millbank said:

The most recent is Leafs offering $10 million for 8 years. Marner wants that at 5 years. They are going to wait see if offer sheet comes their way. If not look for a long contract fight similar to Nylander 

The most recent Leafs offering, I believe, was $11M/8 years for Marner, which he rejected because of term. There is no way he takes the money Nylander took

14 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The most recent Leafs offering, I believe, was $11M/8 years for Marner, which he rejected because of term. There is no way he takes the money Nylander took

My point being that the issue will be a protracted one . It’s about term Marner wants same term as Matthews at five years. Of course it’s not about Nylander money. Marner would accept $10 @ 5 years but no way at 8 years. As said they will wait to see about offer sheet. After will come the handwringing . Much about money offered or not offered just media supposition 

wrong thread for this should be about coming excellent young Sabre 

Edited by millbank

13 hours ago, millbank said:

That was awesome.

I freaking love this kid. 

He knows we need him desperately and is going to come down from the fortress of solitude in the far North like Superman and raise everyone up.

I think the hockey gods may finally let us out of our richly deserved Black Sunday/tanking 13 years in the hole sentence.

Separately:  the Dom-era Sabres had a winger named Geoff Sanderson, who was from Hay River, NW Territories (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hay+River,+NT,+Canada/@60.8479943,-124.8979038,5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x53c58eb5ea20b66d:0x496a27b76b46d0ea!8m2!3d60.816218!4d-115.7853653?hl=en).  He was one of the fastest guys the Sabres have ever had -- legend has it that he developed his speed to keep safe from the polar bears.  To my knowledge, Sanderson was, until Cozens, the Sabre from the most remote hometown.

(BTW, I find it a bit interesting that the NW Territories are East of the Yukon.)

The clouds are lifting.  It's going to get better now.

Carry on. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

That was awesome.

He knows we need him desperately and is going to come down from the fortress of solitude in the far North like Superman and raise everyone up.

I think the hockey gods may finally let us out of our richly deserved Black Sunday/tanking 13 years in the hole sentence.

Separately:  the Dom-era Sabres had a winger named Geoff Sanderson, who was from Hay River, NW Territories (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hay+River,+NT,+Canada/@60.8479943,-124.8979038,5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x53c58eb5ea20b66d:0x496a27b76b46d0ea!8m2!3d60.816218!4d-115.7853653?hl=en).  He was one of the fastest guys the Sabres have ever had -- legend has it that he developed his speed to keep safe from the polar bears.  To my knowledge, Sanderson was, until Cozens, the Sabre from the most remote hometown.

(BTW, I find it a bit interesting that the NW Territories are East of the Yukon.)

Carry on. 

The natural beauty is awesome to say the least 

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

That was awesome.

Carry on. 

Wow, such high hopes.  

Yes, he is very likable.  If he does develop his talent to the NHL level it will be a great story.  Seems to have solid character. I’m pulling for him but right now it looks like he has a year of Juniors and a year in Rochester before we begin to see him play. 

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Given his physical development and his stature in junior, I don't think it's unreasonable to project him on the roster next year.

Next year 2019-20?  or 2020-21?

If they want to give him a few NHL games in 19-20 just to see the speed and what he needs to work on, fine, but I don't want to see him in the NHL full time until 2020-21.  He has things that he needs to work on.  I don't want him to be overwhelmed.  If the Sabres were a good, structured team, and they wanted to just slot in on the 3rd line with two other good 3rd liners and play them limited, non-harsh minutes, then that might be ok, but that is not going to be the situation next season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.