Pick #7 Dylan Cozens (C)

Hoss

13 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I also don’t think Cozens makes the team next season. One more year of developing for him before making the big club. Any line combo predictions shouldn’t include him. 

I hope JB grabs a 2nd line center.

I hope he finds a 2nd line center regardless and you may be right... still can dream...

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

NHL size already, he'll be a full-time NHLer next season starting in '20.

Do you mean NEXT season as in the one that's after the one that just happened aka the season that's about to happen or NEXT season as in the one that's after the one that's after the one that just happened?

thinking hard elizabeth holmes GIF by Vulture.com

Edited by Hoss

Botterill has gotten some flak for avoiding the CHL, but really it’s as much a Sabre thing as a Jason thing.

Prior to Cozens, Reinhart is the only Canadian pick among our past 10 first rounders: Dahlin, Mittelstadt, Nylander, Eichel, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Grigorenko, Girgensons, Armia.

I don’t believe country of origin is relevant to a player’s ceiling, or that it means anything considering it has spanned three management groups, but I do think it is interesting seeing how Canada remains the world’s best generator of hockey talent.

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He'll be a full timer not this coming season which is the season after last, but the season two away from last season, the one before the one three seasons from now. 

I agree this is likely. He should also be a key contributor this Christmas for Canada at the WJC

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He'll be a full timer not this coming season which is the season after last, but the season two away from last season, the one before the one three seasons from now. 

I am in a position of acceptance with the information you have presented in this post on this forum about the hockey team that plays in the western part of the state of named New York inside the United States of America. I am appreciative of your contribution to this discussion. Good day, sir.

Edited by Hoss
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I agree this is likely. He should also be a key contributor this Christmas for Canada at the WJC

Always enjoy the WJC more when I have a Sabre to focus on. Haven't been able to combine my rooting Sabres interests with Canada since Reinhart in '15, so I'm looking forward to it. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Do you mean NEXT season as in the one that's after the one that just happened aka the season that's about to happen or NEXT season as in the one that's after the one that's after the one that just happened?

I sure hope Dylan delivers what’s promised, unlike that lady.

And am I the only one who when I read Dylan, I can’t not pronounce it like this?

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I sure hope Dylan delivers what’s promised, unlike that lady.

And am I the only one who when I read Dylan, I can’t not pronounce it like this?

As an expert on people named Dylan I can indeed tell you that everyone seems to know this reference and will call you "Die-lawn" at some point or another.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/22/2019 at 1:44 PM, Thorny said:

Well the narrative is certainly accurate then, no? For the most part. I had skepticism until I actually saw him pick a CHL player, but I think most said in the 1st round he'd be open to CHL players. Anyone who said he "hated" the CHL or whatever was obviously way off base. 

But it's not a false narrative, he prefers other leagues in later rounds. I'd guess anything after round 1 it's going to start weighing in considerably. 

Yeah, by narrative I meant the thinking that “Botterill hates the CHL” or “I’ll believe it when I see it” with regards to the idea that he would even consider drafting a CHL player.  

I agree with you that it weighs heavily into decision making probably after round one.  My own opinion is that it probably applies to any player who Botterill is not extremely confident will be NHL ready in 2 years or less.

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

cat please GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Ogre said:

@Derrico wins the giffy thingy award hands down..

Hands. Friggin. Down.

I have in my possession the single greatest gif ever made but it’s highly NSFW.

Let’s just say I’ll never look at Spider-Man or his web the same way ever again.

Edited by Hoss
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I have in my possession the single greatest gif ever made but it’s highly NSFW.

Let’s just say I’ll never look at Spider-Man or his web the same way ever again.

Pm me that thing I'm way too curious 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

As an expert on people named Dylan I can indeed tell you that everyone seems to know this reference and will call you "Die-lawn" at some point or another.

I know someone named Dilon.  I call him Die-lon.  His parents should have spelled better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.