Pick #7 Dylan Cozens (C)

Hoss

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We need scorers, but his WHL calls his playmaking skills exceptional.  

His WHL numbers?  Yes, he had a lot of assists, but I’m not seeing high end playmaking or passing skills from watching him.  I hope he is able to continue creating chances for teammates at the next level.

How is he getting those assists?  Driving the net and creating havoc?  On the cycle?  Whatever it is, is fine with me as long as it translates to the NHL.

Or were you saying his WHL coach?  That’s interesting.  I honestly like him a lot.  I would love to see an analysis of how Cozens creates chances for teammates.

1 minute ago, Weave said:

A better skating Sean Couturier?

That’s fair.

2 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

His WHL numbers?  Yes, he had a lot of assists, but I’m not seeing high end playmaking or passing skills from watching him.  I hope he is able to continue creating chances for teammates at the next level.

How is he getting those assists?  Driving the net and creating havoc?  On the cycle?  Whatever it is, is fine with me as long as it translates to the NHL.

Or were you saying his WHL coach?  That’s interesting.  I honestly like him a lot.  I would love to see an analysis of how Cozens creates chances for teammates.

Yes, his coach calls his playmaking skills exceptional.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

@rakish what are your thoughts?

That's partially because he's 6'3".

Also his hands are way better than Zemgus stone hands Girgensons.

I'm fine with Cozens, not at the top of my board, but OK. I've never really been happy picking 7, especially since Turcotte got to 5? is it? I haven't memorized the draft yet.

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd argue he shoots better than everyone not named Turcotte in that list. 

Agree, but I think Dach’s shot is close and I think the playmaking is behind all of them.  Skating is behind Turcotte and ahead of Dach.  Maybe I’m wrongish.

Just now, Curtisp5286 said:

Agree, but I think Dach’s shot is close and I think the playmaking is behind all of them.  Skating is behind Turcotte and ahead of Dach.  Maybe I’m wrongish.

Hmm... I don't think you are. 

How do you feel about Cozens physicality?

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hmm... I don't think you are. 

How do you feel about Cozens physicality?

Probably haven’t watched enough full game footage to give an opinion I’m 100% confident in, but..........I think it’s good, uses his size to protect puck decently well, not afraid to get into the dirty areas in corners and net front.  I think he will be a lot more physically impactful when he hits 6’3” 205 instead of 6’3” 183.  He has the mentality to be a real physical force when he gets that much stronger.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Can you elaborate on "the math"?

I'm reading some people compare him to Jeff Carter

Just watch the interview with Duff.  He did well in math in school and likes "math".  Just a little - I say, little - insight into his psychology. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.