Assets to trade?

GASabresIUFAN

What/who are our tradable assets?

Skinner, Eichel, Sam, Dahlin and Montour are untouchable.  Mitts and Olofsson also for now.  The 7th pick is also untouchable.

Risto is available but only at a huge price - a 1st rd pick and top 6 forward?

Bogo (injury), Sobotka, Hunwick and KO have no trade value.  

We have the 31 st, Scandella, McCabe, Nylander, and Thompson as assets that should have trade value.  Anything or anyone else?  Sheary? 

Do guys like Larsson, Smith, Girgensons and ERod have trade value?

What can we reasonably get for these assets?

Scandella maybe a 3rd rd pick?

Don't agree at all with your "untouchable" list.

We have very little value to trade right now.

Risto is probably near the top of the list in terms of the team looking to move him and in terms of perceived value.

I think Mittelstadt would have some value, but it is too early to trade him.  We need more time to see what we have there.

Exactly. The 7th pick and Risto. Otherwise we go into next season with basically the same team with maybe a few minor moves. Frankly as distasteful as it may seem Botterill is not in a position to do much without sacrificing the top pick or Risto. I've said before for the right deal I would trade the pick rather than Risto. We would create another hole by filling a hole by trading Risto. So unless we can make a great deal we hope some of our young players have developed and have more impact and along with the coaching change to see improvement in our current roster.

7 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Unfortunately, our best asset is cap space to take on a crap contract.

This is another possibility that I didn't address in my previous post. We may get help for a short period by taking a contact off a strapped team for a lesser asset given back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.