"The Golden Season" — Sabres' 50th

Hoss

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Canucks have 4 jerseys - the regular home and away and two alternates, one a revised throwback, the other a pure throwback

This is correct. So the fact that we're not doing it (or apparently not doing it) looks even worse.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Which would be kinda weird if they're going to be putting them on the jerseys they represent...

You're right though. These are definitely patches/merchandising.

What’s weird about it? The colors do need to match for a patch. I could see the logo maybe seeming a bit off. They could potentially remove that on a patch and push the 1970 together. Maybe someone with better eyes than me can say otherwise, but I believe that would make the last two identical. 

1 minute ago, shrader said:

What’s weird about it? The colors do need to match for a patch. I could see the logo maybe seeming a bit off. They could potentially remove that on a patch and push the 1970 together. Maybe someone with better eyes than me can say otherwise, but I believe that would make the last two identical. 

I mean, typically if you're doing a special patch you keep it uniform and just slap it on everything whether or not the colors match. I'd have expected a Golden Anniversary colored patch (that matches the rumored all white and gold kits) to be put on all the throwback jerseys. But this muddies the waters a bit and seems to go counter to that white and gold theme they're trying to establish.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I mean, typically if you're doing a special patch you keep it uniform and just slap it on everything whether or not the colors match. I'd have expected a Golden Anniversary colored patch (that matches the rumored all white and gold kits) to be put on all the throwback jerseys. But this muddies the waters a bit and seems to go counter to that white and gold theme they're trying to establish.

i see what you're saying - feels like a sudden change of course. 

Though it also matches what @CallawaySabres was saying years ago. 

Which is much cooler than just having one alternate white&gold jersey.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

It certainly makes sense to celebrate all the different jerseys, but it's weird to me that they're already hitting their Golden Anniversary theme with a bus. It's only June!

The weird thing about these logos is they are in a distinctly different layout than the 50th anniversary magnets the team sent out last month. 

34 minutes ago, shrader said:

Seems like we are looking at chest patches for each Jersey. 

That, or shoulder patches to differentiate them from the original uni versions.

25 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I feel like if they were going to be wearing all the different uniforms in-game, that would have already been announced. In fact, the Sabres aren't doing themselves any favors by incorporating this level of ambiguity into their plans, unlike Vancouver. 

I think warm-ups are the best we can hope for at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I feel like if they were going to be wearing all the different uniforms in-game, that would have already been announced. In fact, the Sabres aren't doing themselves any favors by incorporating this level of ambiguity into their plans, unlike Vancouver. 

I think warm-ups are the best we can hope for at this point. 

Well, considering they changed their plans relatively last minute on when to celebrate the 50th, maybe the league asked them to hold off on announcing the unis plans (if in fact they are cycling through them all).

Or, it could just be a continuation of the Golisano Era uni unveilment style.  The slugs weren't officially presented until training camp.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, considering they changed their plans relatively last minute on when to celebrate the 50th, maybe the league asked them to hold off on announcing the unis plans (if in fact they are cycling through them all).

Or, it could just be a continuation of the Golisano Era uni unveilment style.  The slugs weren't officially presented until training camp.

The discussion up thread that the Sabres wouldn't have been allowed to cycle through all the previous unis in game...if they break that rule and do it, they should have broken the "no new jerseys for 3 years" rule and just given everyone the Royal Blue they wanted. 

Just now, Thorny said:

The discussion up thread that the Sabres wouldn't have been allowed to cycle through all the previous unis in game...if they break that rule and do it, they should have broken the "no new jerseys for 3 years" rule and just given everyone the Royal Blue they wanted. 

Well, the Habs set the precedent for cycling through sweaters roughly a decade ago, so it'd be tough to deny them (though purely within the NHL's modus operandi).

But they don't want to alienate their uniform suppliers by allowing the Sabres to set the precedent that the 3 year rule is officially avoidable.  (Though with vintages, stadium series, and celebratory unis, it already effectively is.)

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, the Habs set the precedent for cycling through sweaters roughly a decade ago, so it'd be tough to deny them (though purely within the NHL's modus operandi).

But they don't want to alienate their uniform suppliers by allowing the Sabres to set the precedent that the 3 year rule is officially avoidable.  (Though with vintages, stadium series, and celebratory unis, it already effectively is.)

It's dumb because the Canucks did have *minor* tweaks to their Uniforms when Adidas took over. So it's bogus anyways. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.