"The Golden Season" — Sabres' 50th

Hoss

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

Won't happen, but would like to have 1 home game be strictly hockey & between plays just the organist.

Maybe have give aways that day and have the PA announcer state (in his best Norm William impression) "would the Dr. in seat xxx report to guest services, your message service has called."

Use the video board to suggest chants to start until it starts to happen organically that day.

And then end the night with everybody walking out receiving a singing Perreault bobble head.

(Would ALMOST be better than $ beer night.)

I would almost kill for them to go back to only playing the organ, eliminating the "goal song" crap, and having the public address announcer revert to Milt Ellis' classic, professional, low key delivery instead of this cheer leader crap they do nowadays.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

9 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

and this...

I love how they are like "new look" and they use old promotional photos from last season of the players.

8 hours ago, WildCard said:

I'm either going to love it or hate it, nothing in between 

Can only speak to my own tastes, so: Pass. 

(Suppose they could surprise but the all white look is not one I like)

Edited by Thorny

10 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

That's a good start, Bres. The slogan's actually on the clever side. I'm intrigued by the emphasis on Sabre Dance in that video. I'd love the iconic theme music to make a big comeback. Goal song for this franchise ought to be pretty easy.

Song 2, right?

10 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sabre Dance is arguably the coolest association between a song and a pro sports team, ever.

I think the goal song needs to be more "of the moment," though.

Why does every team need a goal song?  I'd prefer a win song.  It sounds dumb when your down by a bunch of goals and score with a few minutes left and then you hear a song but know they're going to lose anyway... It's seems forced.   Just play a song if they win the game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

Why does every team need a goal song?  I'd prefer a win song.  It sounds dumb when your down by a bunch of goals and score with a few minutes left and then you hear a song but know they're going to lose anyway... It's seems forced.   Just play a song if they win the game.

Doesn't basically every friggen' team already play "All I do is Win" after every game/win, as it is?

3 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

I would almost kill for them to go back to only playing the organ, eliminating the "goal song" crap, and having the public address announcer revert to Milt Ellis' classic, professional, low key delivery instead of this cheer leader crap they do nowadays.

If Jay Moran were anymore low-key he'd be in a coma.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

See, now we're thinking with gas. A giant bat should replace the scissors they raise during the anthem. Have Bat night. Yes, bring Lorentz back to recreate the moment. So, how many younger fans reading this even know the bat reference? This whole season can be a teaching moment.

On that note, have Al Smith Night. After the anthems, whoever is the backup goalie should skate out in a Smith sweater and wave toward the spot in the arena that corresponds to where Seymour sat at the Aud, then skate off and go down the tunnel.

I remember listening to the game on the radio.  RJ said that Al Smith "saluted" the Knoxes.  I don't we can go that far...

Addendum: Everyone is on fire in this thread!  Thanks!  It has been a great read and it's not even 2 pages long.

Edited by E4 ... Ke2

• spndnchz pinned and unpinned this topic

I'm not sure how Clint Malarchuk would feel about it, but if he were at the arena some night along with Richard Zednik and all the people who saved those two gents, it would be entirely appropriate.

Also, a "We want 15" chant should be encouraged during a Leafs game.

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm not sure how Clint Malarchuk would feel about it, but if he were at the arena some night along with Richard Zednik and all the people who saved those two gents, it would be entirely appropriate.

Also, a "We want 15" chant should be encouraged during a Leafs game.

While an excellent sentiment highly deserving our support, I fear many in the crowd (& most of the Sabres themselves) would regard that as a request for Eichel to revert to his old #.

Edited by Taro T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.