"The Golden Season" — Sabres' 50th

Hoss

Couldn’t find the 50th anniversary thread so I’ll put this here. Appears the team is labeling this the “Golden Season” and the rumors of the third jersey just being white and gold gets a boost with the graphics used here.

• Like (+1) 1

h/t to @Hoss for posting a link to a nice hype video the Sabres put up on Twitter. It's in the PSE Creativity thread. It felt like we could use a reset of the anniversary thread as things start to heat up, so here it is. Could the mods put that Hoss post and my reply here to get things going? There's also a uniform angle being discussed in the uniform thread.

I continue to hold out hope that they'll retire Taro's number and have him make a speech. Maybe have the Sabres come onto the ice through fog this season (not sure it's a great idea — would the fog/smoke clear?). (At the least can we get the smoke to billow from the buffalo's nostril again?) Or... if there's an open practice, have the players take a few shifts on a foggy ice surface to simulate the events of May '75 at the Aud (you can blame me when Eichel and Dahlin collide.) Watch party in the building with the Sabres-Devils on the video board, finishing at 1-whatever a.m.?

What would you like to see? There is so much material to work with. So many cool and odd things have happened over the years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Won't happen, but would like to have 1 home game be strictly hockey & between plays just the organist.

Maybe have give aways that day and have the PA announcer state (in his best Norm William impression) "would the Dr. in seat xxx report to guest services, your message service has called."

Use the video board to suggest chants to start until it starts to happen organically that day.

And then end the night with everybody walking out receiving a singing Perreault bobble head.

(Would ALMOST be better than $ beer night.)

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

(Would ALMOST be better than $ beer night.)

Use to have a dollar beer night at the local pub Monday nights while I was in Uni.  Luckily I didn't flunk out year one ?

There has to be a premiere type home and home matchup with our expansion cousins wouldn't there?  Nah this is the NHL.

40 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That's a good start, Bres. The slogan's actually on the clever side. I'm intrigued by the emphasis on Sabre Dance in that video. I'd love the iconic theme music to make a big comeback. Goal song for this franchise ought to be pretty easy.

Sabre Dance is arguably the coolest association between a song and a pro sports team, ever.

I think the goal song needs to be more "of the moment," though.

55 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

h/t to @Hoss for posting a link to a nice hype video the Sabres put up on Twitter. It's in the PSE Creativity thread. It felt like we could use a reset of the anniversary thread as things start to heat up, so here it is. Could the mods put that Hoss post and my reply here to get things going? There's also a uniform angle being discussed in the uniform thread.

I continue to hold out hope that they'll retire Taro's number and have him make a speech. Maybe have the Sabres come onto the ice through fog this season (not sure it's a great idea — would the fog/smoke clear?). (At the least can we get the smoke to billow from the buffalo's nostril again?) Or... if there's an open practice, have the players take a few shifts on a foggy ice surface to simulate the events of May '75 at the Aud (you can blame me when Eichel and Dahlin collide.) Watch party in the building with the Sabres-Devils on the video board, finishing at 1-whatever a.m.?

What would you like to see? There is so much material to work with. So many cool and odd things have happened over the years.

Since they obviously can't release a real live bat, Pegula needs to invest some money into inventing a life-like robot bat.  They should also invest in a robot Jim Lorentz, just in case they can't lure the real one away from the fishing boat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, shrader said:

Since they obviously can't release a real live bat, Pegula needs to invest some money into inventing a life-like robot bat.  They should also invest in a robot Jim Lorentz, just in case they can't lure the real one away from the fishing boat.

See, now we're thinking with gas. A giant bat should replace the scissors they raise during the anthem. Have Bat night. Yes, bring Lorentz back to recreate the moment. So, how many younger fans reading this even know the bat reference? This whole season can be a teaching moment.

On that note, have Al Smith Night. After the anthems, whoever is the backup goalie should skate out in a Smith sweater and wave toward the spot in the arena that corresponds to where Seymour sat at the Aud, then skate off and go down the tunnel.

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

See, now we're thinking with gas. A giant bat should replace the scissors they raise during the anthem. Have Bat night. Yes, bring Lorentz back to recreate the moment. So, how many younger fans reading this even know the bat reference? This whole season can be a teaching moment.

On that note, have Al Smith Night. After the anthems, whoever is the backup goalie should skate out in a Smith sweater and wave toward the spot in the arena that corresponds to where Seymour sat at the Aud, then skate off and go down the tunnel.

Berglund really missed an opportunity with his departure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.