Your predictions: what is Botterill going to do?

dudacek

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

One year older, on a much better team, and put up 14 more points than Mitts did in his rookie year out of college. I think Mitts will be better long term

Of course Mittelstadt will be better; he'll be playing for Tampa Bay.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

In all seriousness, I've finally made it back to my loved ones and my wounds have been cleaned/stabilized. I had to chew my left hand off to get out of the handcuffs, and then sustained deep lacerations breaking through the small window and barbed wire to make it out of PA's basement. He's in custody now

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 6

I wouldn’t trade Mitts for Cerelli straight up even; I can’t trust his stats on a juggernaut offensive team would translate to Buffalo.

I have 0 interest in trading Risto in the division so that further puts the breaks on that trade in my opinion.

My predictions:

We trade Risto and Nylander to Vancouver for  Virtanen, 10, a late pick in a year or two and Juolevi. That just sounds very Benning + Botts esc.

C. Miller and Reaves/Clarkson for our 2020 2nd

Scandella is sent somewhere for a 3rd in 2021 and a 4th this year.

Sobotka is dealt for Callahan and a 4th

Jbot’s job this summer is to build out a good 2nd line for this team and to improve the D zone play of the team.

His track record shows a willingness to use of cap flexibility to acquire needed talent as shown by the Sheary, Scandella and Skinner deals.  He all 3 deals he gave up very little to acquire those players.  I suspect at least 2 similar deals this summer for a 2nd line center and a defensive D man.  I also expect a FA winger to be signed.  

I expect Olofsson to make the team.  I expect RFAs  ERod McCabe, Ullmark and one of Z or Larsson to return.  

I expect Nylander to be traded for someone else’s failed prospect.

overall I expect about 7 new faces from last year. 

What I want him to do - a major overhaul. Sign 2 or even 3 free agent forwards. Trade at least one of Scandella, Bogo, Risto, Pilut, Montour, McCabe, preferrably two. Work some cap magic with a strapped team like SJ or Edmonton or Tampa and land another top player for prospects and/or picks (Nylander plus).

What I think he will actually do - not much and hold a presser where he says Skinner was his big FA signing, he likes our group and plans to build with our draft picks, says he talked trades but nothing came together and he likes how we are trending. 

and it'll suck.

With the lower cap number there are multiple teams in trouble and cap relief deals should and will happen. He SHOULD do at least one (where they give us a good young player with the cap dump guy) but I have little confidence in his abilities at the moment. Fingers crossed that I am dead wrong.

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

In all seriousness, I've finally made it back to my loved ones and my wounds have been cleaned/stabilized. I had to chew my left hand off to get out of the handcuffs, and then sustained deep lacerations breaking through the small window and barbed wire to make it out of PA's basement. He's in custody now

Welcome home!!

There were several times during your absence that I suggested we just pay the ransom.  It's different when it's your own family.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I think unlike all the speculation, Risto comes with a high price tag as he should, and that will keep most trades away.    

Ristolainen is pretty much off limits.   The Trouba deal has got to many thinking he'll come cheap, but Jets were back up against the wall with that one.

It’ll be very interesting to see what value is out there for Risto.  Right hand D who are 24 and top 30 in the league in scoring from dmen still hold value.  Again, his contract is still 3 more years at a very reasonable price.  Rumour out there that Pitt was loading up an offer for Trouba but Trouba agent essentially told everyone he’s not going to any team but New York.  I’m guessing anyone in on Trouba may consider Risto next.  I can’t help but think there’s a good amount of demand.  Again don’t HAVE to trade him!!  Interesting to see how/if Trouba decision impacts Risto.

9 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

crowd goes wild applause GIF by ABC Network

9 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

It worked out OK. That hand's in a Crock Pot right now. Bout to pop open a nice Chianti.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

I think odds are greater than 50/50 we see a fairly significant sabres trade within next 48 hours.

Just have that gut feeling.  Unless that’s the tocos we had last night

today of the day tacos GIF

This is honestly what pulled me back. It's my favorite time of the hockey year and I've been banned from every other online mode of hockey talk, and I was driving myself nuts without an outlet, so y'all have to deal with me again

Time to spend two weeks wasting hours refreshing the internet for something that probably won't even happen 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

This is honestly what pulled me back. It's my favorite time of the hockey year and I've been banned from every other online mode of hockey talk, and I was driving myself nuts without an outlet, so y'all have to deal with me again

Time to spend two weeks wasting hours refreshing the internet for something that probably won't even happen 

What in the hell did you do man lol

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

We missed you man.  Always room for Sabres hockey talk over here.  Let's hope to see some smart moves over the next few days.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

What in the hell did you do man lol

It's hfboards, I didn't do anything! 

It was just a warning point pile that got too big. Things like not being able to find a post in a megathread, and so just referencing it in passing without citing it - and waking up to being banned from the thread with a bunch of warning points. Like, if it's that important, just ask me, and I'll go find it?? lol. The mods there are just brutal 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Charity bet? I'll warn you, I'm good at Tampa centers:

@SwampD was that ever official??

Thankfully, no.

On a related note, I get an odd sense of satisfaction that Tampa only played four more games than the Sabres.

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

Yea, but about 70 of the other 82 were way more fun. That's not nothin' 

Would you rather have the Sabres' season or Tampa's? That's a tough choice IMO. I don't care about the years we didn't make the playoffs, but I'm still salty about 06 and 07

Just now, WildCard said:

Would you rather have the Sabres' season or Tampa's? That's a tough choice IMO. I don't care about the years we didn't make the playoffs, but I'm still salty about 06 and 07

I can't imagine preferring 70 games of miserable garbage to 82 awesome games and 4 garbage ones. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Yea, but about 70 of the other 82 were way more fun. That's not nothin' 

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Both true.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.