Your predictions: what is Botterill going to do?

dudacek

I do like your thought process though: Risto and a prospect for a better player than Risto, (or two players combined who are better than Risto) and cap space is a model that works.

Edited by dudacek

On 6/21/2019 at 11:59 PM, Randall Flagg said:

Since liger locked the draft thread:

Who could we possibly have wanted so badly that went higher?  Byram or Turcotte?

Alos, kinda shtty thing to hear if you're Cozenes

On 6/22/2019 at 12:07 AM, TrueBlueGED said:

Why does a trade have to be framed as goofy? They're insanely conservative. Meanwhile, in the NBA, there's a ton of movement on draft night. It's just more fun that way. 

There have been tons of trades in past drafts, just not this one

Edited by WildCard

17 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Who could we possibly have wanted so badly that went higher?  Byram or Turcotte?

Alos, kinda shtty thing to hear if you're Cozenes

There have been tons of trades in past drafts, just not this one

I've read they were very high on Turcotte. But you'd think it would be due diligence to talk to NJ and NY, no?

It's also possible they simply had a second tier of three or four guys after Kakko and Hughes and wanted to get into that.

For all we know, Cozens was in it and he did drop to them.

Botterill has pretty clear that they absolutely loved a lot of players that went before and after their pick.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I've read they were very high on Turcotte. But you'd think it would be due diligence to talk to NJ and NY, no?

It's also possible they simply had a second tier of three or four guys after Kakko and Hughes and wanted to get into that.

For all we know, Cozens was in it and he did drop to them.

Botterill has pretty clear that they absolutely loved a lot of players that went before and after their pick.

Breaking news: milquetoast GM says everyone is great. More at 11:00. ?

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Breaking news: milquetoast GM says everyone is great. More at 11:00. ?

I get what you're saying, but did you watch it? IMO, it wasn't delivered as a rote media reply.

I think there was some pretty healthy debate prior to the pick, with the some scouts vociferously backing their guy.

Just now, dudacek said:

I get what you're saying, but did you watch it? IMO, it wasn't delivered as a rote media reply.

I think there was some pretty healthy debate prior to the pick, with the some scouts vociferously backing their guy.

That's probably true, but is it really any different than any non-1st/2nd overall pick? I'd imagine it was much the same for the Mittelstadt pick. 

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

That's probably true, but is it really any different than any non-1st/2nd overall pick? I'd imagine it was much the same for the Mittelstadt pick. 

To go back to your milquetoast comment, Botterill pushed past his usual veneer when he made the comment and showed some genuine emotion.

You're probably right in terms of it not being particularly important, but it was different enough i thought it was worth remarking on.

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

i see Risto for RNH as fair (fully recognizing that half the internet sees Risto as about as useful as a naked goalie and Oilers fans are as eager to trade RNH as we are to trade Reinhart for similar reasons) and I see Gagner as a cap dump and completely useless from a Sabres perspective. I still don’t think Edmonton does it because even with the cap savings Sheary and Davidsson doesn’t get you Larsson.

We are eager to trade Reinhart?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Derrico said:

We are eager to trade Reinhart?

We’re not because aside from Jack and Jeff he is the only top six forward on the team.

Aside from McDavid and Draisaitl, RNH is the only top6 forward on their team.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Today JBott is going to be taking in the lake breeze while pondering hamburgers or sweet rays bbq chicken on the grill tonight.

Sweet Baby Ray really is the best BBQ sauce choice when grilling some ribs.  Not sure about burgers or chicken tho.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.