Your predictions: what is Botterill going to do?

dudacek

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

What about looking at it via time? Tampa fans had 7 months of hockey bringing them joy. We had like two weeks. 

But that's 7 months of hope/build up for such utter disappointment. At least we weren't as emotionally invested for that long

I think we have very different outlooks on things ? Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all? Probably, but I'm also not on speaking terms with any of my exes 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

But that's 7 months of hope/build up for such utter disappointment. At least we weren't as emotionally invested for that long

I think we have very different outlooks on things ? Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all? Probably, but I'm also not on speaking terms with any of my exes 

Man, Buffalo sports have done a real number on your psyche ?

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I can't imagine preferring 70 games of miserable garbage to 82 awesome games and 4 garbage ones. 

I agree that I would've greatly preferred TB's season to the Sabres', but I think the Sabres gave us about 25-30 games of legit enjoyment before the roof caved in.

Separately, here are my predictions:

- No major FA signings or trades to bring in a big name unless there is a Risto trade

- Sabres do not trade Risto unless someone makes a really rich offer

- Sabres keep #7 and draft (to the extent available, in order of their preference) Byram, Dach, Zegras or Caufield

- Sabres trade #31 for a 2nd and either a prospect or a lower 2nd/high 3rd

- Sabres make a Sheary-type trade in which they absorb Callahan or a similar cap dump and get a decent forward in exchange for a mid-round draft pick or lower-level prospect

- Nylander is not traded as JB decides to see whether RK can coach him up

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Well, since Flagg managed to escape PA, I guess we can all turn our attention to being concerned for your well-being. 

Let's just say Game 7 was a win for me lol. She doesn't really care about the Bruins so she said she'll become a Sabres fan, I just have to deal with her die hard Pats-Red Sox fandom, so check back with me in October 

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

I agree that I would've greatly preferred TB's season to the Sabres', but I think the Sabres gave us about 25-30 games of legit enjoyment before the roof caved in.

- No major FA signings or trades to bring in a big name unless there is a Risto trade

- Sabres keep #7 and draft (to the extent available, in order of their preference) Byram, Dach, Zegras or Caufield

- Sabres make a Sheary-type trade in which they absorb Callahan or a similar cap dump and get a decent forward in exchange for a mid-round draft pick or lower-level prospect

I think this is the most accurate prediction so far honestly 

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Let's just say Game 7 was a win for me lol. She doesn't really care about the Bruins so she said she'll become a Sabres fan, I just have to deal with her die hard Pats-Red Sox fandom, so check back with me in October 

I think this is the most accurate prediction so far honestly 

You won't survive the first Bills-Pats game. 

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Boy, what a wet turd of an offseason this would be. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Maybe.  There has to be some pressure to make the playoffs this year though.  50th anniversary.  Team out of the playoffs for so long.  I think a big move is coming.

Just now, Derrico said:

Maybe.  There has to be some pressure to make the playoffs this year though.  50th anniversary.  Team out of the playoffs for so long.  I think a big move is coming.

Risto is the only piece I would want that might qualify as a big move. Other than that, it's Reinhart, Mitts, or the 7th overall pick

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Risto is the only piece I would want that might qualify as a big move. Other than that, it's Reinhart, Mitts, or the 7th overall pick

Next years lottery protected first, cap space.  Cap space has alot of value and there are more than a few teams tight against it with guys to sign.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Boy, what a wet turd of an offseason this would be.  

12 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I don't disagree with either of these, but I think JB's mandate from TP is to build a sustainably strong organization and pipeline.  I don't think JB is under pressure to, say, bring in Duchene at $11MM per year, trade for Stastny just because he's a big name that could be available or trade Risto for a TB prospect who may or may not be good enough to become a difference-maker as a Sabre.

Speaking of Risto, while I agree that there are factors indicating that he could fetch a handsome return in trade, there is also the Sabres stink factor to consider, which I think depressed the returns for Kane and ROR.

2 minutes ago, Derrico said:

7+31+next years 1st (lottery protected)+Samuelson for Marner

I would do this in a heartbeat, but I think there is NFW that Toronto trades Marner.

35 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

It stings, but That’s too light for Marner. It has to really hurt. They would want more. Add Risto. 

And I would still do it.

Make that change and remove the lottery protection.  Would you still do it?

Let’s be honest, I would think a sabres non lottery protected first would be pretty friggen valuable ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.