Open Club  ·  18 members

The Auto Club

What's Your Dream Car?

ubkev

Simple enough. Money is no object. Neither is functionality. 

I'm gonna think on this for a bit. But my first thought drifts towards the 91 Acura NSX. Then probably the 64 Aston Martin DB5. I know, I'm a hack. But I really love that car and those movies.

• Like (+1) 2

Good start here guys. This is a tough one for me because I have a really hard time picking just one car. THERE ARE SO MANY CARS. 

Ultimately, I'm a land yacht guy. Give me bench seats, over-boosted power steering, and a trunk that can swallow a house and I'll cruise up and down that road. 

I've had a few "downsized" land yachts (1990 Caprice, 1984 Delta 88, 1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate) but I think what I'd really like is a car my dad used to own, the Chrysler Newport. 

The "fuselage" style of the early 70s is just fantastic and everything after that was a downgrade. 

786414779322fca217fd4ecb3b639e3d.thumb.png.3dfe9e0d4394a8ad9f9c0d53e4d943a0.png

• Like (+1) 2

Either a really big useless old hilarious brightly colored pickup from the 70s or a little also useless old Citroen 2cv because they're hilarious. 

I love cars that show their age. Shiny restorations are beautiful, but mine- I'd leave some character on it as long as it wasn't dangerous (rusted out frames/chassis). Not purposeful, like a rat rod, but one that shows its life.

Course... If we're talking total extravagance... I'm going 1930-32 Bugatti. Or a Dusenberg. Or a fleet of Packards and Pierce Arrows. 

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, josie said:

Either a really big useless old hilarious brightly colored pickup from the 70s or a little also useless old Citroen 2cv because they're hilarious. 

I love cars that show their age. Shiny restorations are beautiful, but mine- I'd leave some character on it as long as it wasn't dangerous (rusted out frames/chassis). Not purposeful, like a rat rod, but one that shows its life.

Course... If we're talking total extravagance... I'm going 1930-32 Bugatti. Or a Dusenberg. Or a fleet of Packards and Pierce Arrows. 

Excuse me but 2CVs aren't useless. They can drive through a farm field without breaking a basket of eggs!

Also,

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

I passed a Ferrari 458 Italia on my way home today. Nice looking car. Bit of a shiny dick with 2 chairs in it, though. Not that I wouldn't drive one. Wouldn't be my first choice though.